Macadamia and Craisin Biscuits – Snack
Families Magazine is proud to bring you 20 healthy and easy to make snacks with recipes included!
Makes 24 biscuits, prep time 30 mins
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1 cup almond meal
- 100g Macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup dried craisins
- Pinch salt
- Pre-heat an oven to 180 degrees and line a biscuit tray with baking paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, use an electric mixer to cream the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Add the vanilla, salt, almond meal and flour and continue to beat on a low speed.
- As the mixture begins to resemble fine bread crumbs add small amounts of milk to the mixture and continue to beat until it begins to come together into a dough.
- Add the craisins and macadamia nuts and using a large spoon mix it together until the craisins and nuts are well incorporated and the dough comes together easily.
- Roll together tablespoon sized balls of the dough and press flat onto the lines biscuit tray. Leave several centimeres room between each biscuit.
- Place tray in the pre-heated oven for 15 – 20 minutes or until the biscuits begin to golden. Remove from the oven and allow to cool before serving.