Families Magazine is proud to bring you 20 healthy and easy to make snacks with recipes included!
These delicious and versatile muffins are a very healthy option for lunchboxes.
Makes 12 large or 24 mini muffins
- 1 cup wholemeal self raising flour
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup almond meal (can be replaced with extra plain flour for a nut-free version)
- 1 egg (or replace with a second tablespoon of chia seeds)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds (or replace with a second egg)
- 1 cup low fat yoghurt (plain, vanilla, berry – the choice is yours)
- 1 tablespoon of light (flavoured) olive oil or coconut oil (melted)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 cups frozen or fresh berries
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees and lightly spray muffin tray with oil.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all dry ingredients. Add egg, yoghurt and oil and stir until combined well, but don’t over beat. Fold in the berries and combine.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin tray and place in pre-heated oven for 20 mins or until lightly golden and firm in the center. Cooking time will vary depending on the size of your muffins.