At our place we grow zucchini and our chickens give us eggs, so when I couldn’t find a recipe for an easy mini zucchini quiche, I made up my own! This one is a really easy recipe to whip up in less than 15 minutes and is a winner with kids for lunches, snacks or even dinner! You will need an electric mixer or be prepared for a little bit of brisk stirring. You will also need a cupcake tray.
This recipe makes about 24 mini zucchini quiches
Ingredients for mini zuchinni quiche
- Puff pastry
- 150 grams of cheddar cheese
- 400 grams of zucchini
- 1 large brown onion
- 200 grams of bacon
- 5 eggs
- 150 grams of self raising flour
- 90 grams of vegetable or grapeseed oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 celsius.
- Grease cupcake tin and cut out circles of puff pastry using a large cookie cutter.
- Place the puff pastry into the cupcake tins spaces and set aside.
- Grate cheddar cheese, and zucchini, – set aside.
- Dice onion (or grate if you prefer) and cut up bacon into small cubes – set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add self raising flour, oil, eggs and salt and pepper. Use a electric mixer or beat until well combined.
- Add grated cheese, grated zucchini and mix well.
- Pour mixture into the prepared cupcake dish and bake at 180 degrees celcius for approx 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm or cold with salad or vegetables.
These mini zuchinni quiche’s are a real crowd pleaser as they fit into so many categories – easy, kid friendly, tasty, can be eaten hot or cold, they store well, able to be frozen and did we mention easy!?