Strawberry Banana Bread Recipe – Snack
Families Magazine is proud to bring you 20 healthy and easy to make snacks with recipes included!
Try this strawberry and banana bread recipe – a twist on a family favourite! Banana strawberry bread is ideal for hungry kids after school or lunch box treat. It can be frozen so you will always have a tasty, fruit filled option on hand (for those days where we all fail at being organised!). You might also like to try blending a banana and some raspberries to create a “fruit spread” to top your Banana and Strawberry Bread!
Strawberry & Banana Bread Recipe – Snack
- 2 tablespoons (90g) reduced fat plain yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 cup self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 medium bananas, roughly mashed
- 2 – 3 strawberries, sliced and quartered
- Pre-heat an oven to 160 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, use a hand mixer to combine yoghurt, oil, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and eggs.
- Add mashed banana (I like to leave a few good chunks) and mix through well.
- Fold through flour and strawberries, without beating.
- If the mixture is a little dry (which it might be if your bananas are small), add a little extra oil.
- Place the mixture in a greased loaf tin and place in pre-heated oven for 45min. Turn the oven off an allow bread to sit in the oven for a further 15mins before removing and placing on a wire cooling rack.
- Pre-slice and freeze strawberry banana bread for lunch boxes!
This strawberry banana bread recipe is very simple and hard to mess up! Why not get your kids involved and have them make their own snacks and lunch box treats! Teaching kids about nutrition is all about showing them what goes into the foods they love, so they can get the most out of meals!