Raw choc and chickpea fudge is the recipe you never knew you needed. Finally, a healthy sweet treat that requires no baking, and contains heaps of hidden foods that are good for you. We won’t tell the kids if you don’t! Families Magazine is proud to bring you 20 healthy and easy to make snacks with recipes included!
We need to talk about the benefits of adding raw chocolate and chickpea fudge to your go-to recipe list. Firstly, it’s delicious and so incredibly easy to make.
Sure it’s not the kind of dish that’s ready in under an hour as it requires some quality time in your freezer BUT it does mean not having to watch over the oven. Plus, it’s almost impossible to get this recipe wrong which is great if you’ve got kids under your feet all day. No more burnt snacks with this one!
Our raw choc and chickpea fudge recipe makes 24 pieces. Prep time is 10mins, and the freezer setting time is approximately 4 -5 hours.
- ½ banana
- 400g can chickpeas, washed and drained
- 2 tablespoons Cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon peanut or almond butter
- 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chocolate chips (*optional)
- Place chickpeas, banana, cocoa and vanilla in a food processor on high until well combined and smooth.
- In a microwave safe bowl, place peanut/almond butter and choc chips*. Microwave on high until melted (don’t overcook!). Stir the mixture to combine and add sugar.
- Continue stirring until sugar dissolves. Add cocoa and combine.
- Pour chocolate mixture into the food processor with the chickpea mixture on high until well combined, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Line a slice tin or shallow cake pan with cling wrap (spraying the inside of the cake tin with oil will help the cling wrap stick and stay in place when laid over the top).
- Spoon the fudge mixture into the lined tin and smooth out.
- Completely cover the fudge mixture with cling wrap and place in the freezer for 4 -5 hours before removing, unwrapping, slicing and serving.
That’s it! Easy.