Raw Choc & Chickpea fudge
Families Magazine is proud to bring you 20 healthy and easy to make snacks with recipes included!
Makes 24 fudge pieces, prep time 10mins, setting time 4 -5 hours
- ½ banana
- 400g can chickpeas, washed and drained
- 2 tablespoons Cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon peanut or almond butter
- 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chocolate chips (*optional)
- Place chickpeas, banana, cocoa and vanilla in a food processor on high until well combined and smooth.
- In a microwave safe bowl place peanut/ almond butter and choc chips*. Microwave on high until melted (don’t overcook!). Stir the mixture to combine and add sugar.
- Continue stirring until sugar dissolves. Add cocoa and combine.
- Pour chocolate mixture into the food processor with the chickpea mixture on high until well combined, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Line a slice tin or shallow cake pan with cling wrap (spraying the inside of the cake tin with oil will help the cling wrap stick and stay in place when laid over the top).
- Spoon the fudge mixture into the lined tin and smooth out.
- Completely cover over the fudge mixture with cling wrap and place in the freezer for 4 -5 hours before removing, unwrapping, slicing and serving.