Toddler Friendly Pools in Brisbane
We’ve left no stone unturned to find you all the local toddler friendly pools so you can get your toddler out in the sunshine and enjoy one of Brisbane’s great public swimming pools.
Compiled here are a wide range of public pools providing toddlers access to safe and fun water play environments in and around Brisbane. Water fun is for everyone, and the youngest members of your family will benefit greatly from these early water based experiences. For entrance fees, opening hours and contact details click the title links, and enjoy your time cooling off with your littlies in toddler friendly pools on a hot Brisbane day…
Inner Brisbane pools
- Great toddler play area. Heated swimming facilities. Onsite refreshments and seating available.
- Boasting both indoor and outdoor heated pools you can be sure your toddler will enjoy a day out at Centenary Pool in Spring Hill. There is also a wading pool if they are not quite ready to take the plunge in the deep end, and a kiosk provides food to keep your families energy going for the day.
South Bank Parklands
- Aquativity is an interactive park built specifically to encourage water play and to learn about the importance of Earth’s water cycle. Toddlers will love it and the facilities are free for use with the added bonus of being patrolled year round by lifeguards.
- Streets Beach is a purpose built white sandy beach which surrounds a large lagoon. This is a major iconic attraction of inner city Brisbane and a must do visit for any water loving family.
- The Chermside Aquatic Centre will certainly entertain the youngest members of your family with both indoor and outdoor heated pools, a large waterpark that hosts 6 water slides and a lagoon pool for the littlies to play in. There is also a kiosk offering the expected assortment of high flavour snacks and munchies to keep your family going for a full day of fun.
- Not only does Newmarket Pool have an Olympic swimming pool and an undercover heated pool, there is also a slide at the leisure pool alongside a wading pool complete with splash pad. With something to suit every member of the family regardless of their stage of development you can be certain of a fun day out in these toddler friendly pools!
- Located on the Sandgate foreshore you will find an indoor pool, kiosk, outdoor pool, water play area and wading pool. The kids will enjoy the many experiences on offer at Sandgate Aquatic Centre so get into your cozzie and come on down!
Moreton Bay pools
- Aside from both indoor and outdoor pools, Albany Creek Leisure Centre boasts an outdoor toddler pool complete with fountains and two water slides. There is also a café available for pool goers to enjoy between dips.
- Spacious grounds with freshly trimmed lawns and plenty of swimming space can be found at the Bribie Island Aquatic Centre. For keen swimmers there are both indoor and outdoor pools, a large outdoor lagoon pool, a spa, playground, barbecue spaces and covered seating. Toddlers will have a great time splashing around in the water and running about on the grass.
- The Caboolture Regional Aquatic Leisure Centre boasts 2 indoor pools as well as a large outdoor shaded lagoon area complete with mushroom water fountains for the little ones. Toddlers will love wading along the edges and can enjoy a bite to eat under the poolside covered seating from the kiosk.
- With both a toddlers’ pool and kids pool your children should have plenty of fun at Ferny Hill. If you are so inclined to take a dip there is also a heated Olympic pool, and when hunger hits you can relax in the shaded picnic area and enjoy a good barbecue.
- Free for public use the park provides access to a swimming lagoon, wading pools, toilets and beach showers. Food can be accessed from nearby shops or bring your own for a barbecue. Make use of the picnic shelters, bikeways and playgrounds too for a well-rounded day out. Take note that lifeguards are also on duty at the Settlement Cove Lagoon during the summer months.
- Toddlers can enjoy playing in the outdoor lagoon pool, running through the spray features and relaxing on the beachside access point. Parents and carers can enjoy lunch with the littlies at one of the undercover picnic tables, or take them for a dip in either the large outdoor pool or the heated indoor pool; and for those who want to laze in the sun there is a grassy area perfect for resting with the kids while reading a book.
- Toddlers will love the wading pool but there is also a larger outdoor pool if you are so inclined to take your young ones for a ‘real’ swim. There is also a kiosk serving food and drinks to keep your energy levels running high.
- Here you will find a heated pool with both indoor and outdoor options plus a water play based wading pool for your little ones. Avoiding hunger will be easy with a kiosk on site and shaded areas will provide you and your toddler(s) with a place to relax.
- Heated and partially shaded 50m outdoor pool, undercover heated 10m programs pool, partially shaded wading pool, café, and giant inflatables for fun days and school holidays. While you relax in the coffee shop and gardens, see if you can get the kids to spot Elsa, the resident blue Quakker bird. She loves to hang around in the trees and might even fly down to sit on your shoulder! There’s a great kids play area for the little ones. It’s well-shaded and provides an opportunity for little legs to get some stretching.
- Your toddler will have a ball at Runcorn Pool enjoying some water play in the wading pool, swimming in the kids’ pool and slipping down the waterslide. The pool also provides both indoor and outdoor heated pools and a kiosk for a quick bite to eat in between playtimes.
- Yeronga Park Pool provides 4 swimming pools including a heated outdoor children’s pool and a wading pool for toddlers complete with mushroom water features. The kiosk will provide the snacks so you and the kids can provide the excitement. Nothing beats a good dip on a hot summer’s day…
Logan City pools
- Beenleigh Aquatic Centre hosts an outdoor pool and toddler wading pool with a grassed area perfect for little ones to play on. The kiosk will also prove to be a winner, providing a bite to eat while you and the kids enjoy the sunshine.
- Hosting an outdoor pool with shaded areas you can enjoy a dip with the kids or take them over to the leisure pool to relax on the beach entry. There is also a kiosk so you can spend as long as you like relaxing in the pool.
- Eagleby Aquatic Centre hosts a large outdoor pool, training pool and a leisure pool perfect for toddlers with a beach style entry. There is also play equipment with shade and a kiosk to abate any hunger pangs, making for an enjoyable day out.
- When it’s a stuffy day forecast for rain or the sun is beating down too hard for comfort the Gould Adams Park Aquatic Centre has 3 indoor pools hosting not only a learn to swim pool but also a multi-purpose and a children’s adventure pool. Trains and buses can be accessed nearby too so it may make for a low cost day out with your toddler.
- Logan North Aquatic and Fitness Centre hosts both indoor and outdoor pools, an outdoor fitness pool, and of most interest to families with young children, a family leisure pool with complete shading. If you enjoy the taste of your own cooking there are also barbecues available for use on site so you can make a day of your swimming trip.
- Bellbowrie Pool offers both an indoor heated pool and larger outdoor version, but of interest to parents will definitely be the outdoor wading pool perfect for toddlers. There is plenty of space to play and your youngsters can also enjoy the splash pad built to engage kids in water play. As an added bonus there is also a café on hand ready to abate any temper tantrums brought on by hunger leaving you to relax.
- Dunlop’s pool hosts an indoor heated pool, an outdoor pool with shade situated at the shallow end, and a leisure pool. Little one’s will be particularly interested in the wading pool which has 4 slides to enjoy. Barbecue facilities are free for use and you can enjoy some family time under the shaded picnic area on site. If you don’t want to pack a lunch there is also a kiosk on site.
- Toddlers’ will love the splash pad and may take an accompanied dip in the heated indoor pool or large outdoor pool.
- At the Colmslie Pool you will find both indoor and outdoor heated pools, as well as an outdoor wading pool for younger children to enjoy some water play. There is also a kiosk available to serve you and your family during your day out for a swim.
- Manly Pool is situated on the foreshore and hosts water play features and a wading pool. There is also an outdoor pool for those who want to swim complete with waterslide. When hunger strikes, there is also a kiosk.
- This free water play area provides a wading pool, change rooms, playground, picnic areas and toilets. There is also a beautiful waterside view to be enjoyed with your young family.
Ipswich City pools
- The centre hosts a heated pool and children’s pool with a lovely man-made river, mushroom fountains, bubbling spa, and water play complete with beach entry. There are also barbecue facilities so you can enjoy a waterside picnic with your youngsters.
- Here you will find 3 heated pools complete with shade covers, including a kids’ play pool with a beach entry and caterpillar/mushroom fountain. Enjoy the summer and relax at Goodna Aquatic Centre.
Redland City pools
- Heated indoor and outdoor pools can be found at Cleveland Aquatic Centre. There is also a heated and shade covered adventure play pool with beach style entry, perfect for toddlers. Water play equipment, including 2 small slides, is also on offer.
- Here you will find ample swimming space in the outdoor pool and the littlies will have fun wading in the kids pool and water play area. There is also a kiosk and change rooms to cover all bases for a family day out.