The Sandgate Aquatic Centre underwent a refurbishment in 2017 and has since reopened to the delight of families near and far. Come and see what all the fuss is about!
Sandgate Aquatic Centre
The $500,000 Sandgate Aquatic Centre upgrade project was completed in time for the 2017 September holidays and has been causing an absolute SPLASH ever since.
Summers from here on out are sure to be spent in style at Sandgate Aquatic Centre! It’s fast become a real mecca for Northside families and is drawing crowds to the foreshore district.
What improvements have been made?
The Brisbane City Council and Playrope have worked hard to make the following transformations:
- The old wading pool has been transformed into a fabulous all-ages play zone
- An interactive all-abilities water play area has now been installed
- A fantastic splash tower complete with tipping bucket
- A super fun waterslide has been put in place
- User-directional, easily maneuvered water jets
- Cool water fountains and spray features are now operational
Sandgate Aquatic Centre as a valuable community resource
When asked about the project, Lord Mayor Graham Quirk said, “This has delivered more play features for younger children, creating a more family-friendly atmosphere for residents, and transforming what was once just a trip to the local pool to a fun-filled day out for the entire family. Our world-class pools are a popular destination for people looking for a great day out, and we continue to invest in new and upgraded facilities.”
This initiative is now making the area a lot safer and more sustainable in terms of fun, healthy family-friendly entertainment. It’s so great to get out and get active in Brisbane and take advantage of the range of public pools on offer for everyone!
Sandgate Aquatic Centre
It’s top of our list for must-see Brisbane venues. Make sure your family gets to experience it.
SUMMER HOURS (from 16 September 2017)
Public holidays: 9am-5pm (closed Christmas Day and Good Friday)
NOTE: Due to swimming carnivals the 50 metre pool and the Leisure/Splash Pad of the Sandgate Aquatic Centre will be closed during the following days and hours:
- Tuesday 28 November – 9.30-11.30am.
50 metre pool
- Thursday 30 November 9.30am-2pm
- Monday 29 January 2018 – 8.30am-3.15pm
- Friday 2 February 2018 – 8am-1.45pm
- Tuesday 6 February 2018 – 8.30am-2.45pm
- Friday 9 February 2018 – 7am-3.15pm
- Friday 16 February 2018 – 11am-2.15pm
- Wednesday 28 February 2018 – 11am-2.15pm.
Keep your kids safe when swimming
For 0-5 year olds and non-swimmers, a parent or guardian must be in the water at all times within arms’ reach of the child/non-swimmer.
For 6-10 year olds, constant active supervision is required by a parent or guardian. Be prepared to get wet and enter the water with this age group.
For 11-14 year olds, parents or guardians must physically check on children on a regular basis.