Nice: Frozen Banana Ice Cream. Naughty: Peanut Butter Cups and Salted Pretzel Chocolate Bark. Together = Happiness!
This easy dessert is the perfect balance of naughty and nice. A completely guilt free ice cream topped with guilt ‘o’ plenty! This delicious recipe is sweet and it’s salty. So go on, embrace that indecisive side and have it all.
Frozen Banana Ice Cream ingredients:
- 4 frozen bananas
Chocolate Bark ingredients:
- 1 cup of salted baked pretzels
- 10 miniature Reeses Peanut Butter Cups roughly chopped
- 300 grams dark chocolate
- 50 grams milk chocolate
To make the Frozen Banana Ice Cream:
- Thinly slice the bananas and lay individually onto a flat tray lined with baking paper
- Place in the freezer for 1-2 hours or until completely frozen
- Put the frozen banana into a food processor and blitz until smooth and creamy
- This should take about 3-5 minutes depending on the food processor
- Once there are no lumps in the ice cream, pop back in the freezer for 15 minutes.
To make the chocolate bark:
- Start by lining a cookie tray with baking paper
- Take a dinner plate and trace a circle around it
- Turn the paper over on your tray so you don’t get any pen or pencil in your chocolate
- Melt the dark chocolate in the microwave in 30 seconds bursts
- Spread the chocolate evenly around the traced circle using a spatula or cake scraper
- You will want to work quickly as the chocolate will begin to set
- Take about half of the pretzels and push them whole into the chocolate
- Push the Reeses Peanut Butter Cups into the chocolate
- Crush the remaining pretzels and push them in the chocolate too
- Melt the milk chocolate in the microwave in 30 second bursts
- Using the back end of a spoon, drizzle and flick melted milk chocolate over the top of the pretzel and peanut butter cups
- Place in the fridge for 15 mins to set
- Once the chocolate bark has set, cut into wedges
Families Tip: If you use a warmed knife, you will have more control of how the pieces crack.
- Generously scoop the ice cream into your favourite bowl or cup
- Decorate the top with the chocolate bark and some extra pretzels
The nitty gritty:
- 4 Bananas makes 2 serves of ice cream
- If you already have some bananas hanging out in the freezer this can be whipped up in 20 minutes
- Leave out the peanut butter cups and milk chocolate … and now it’s dairy free and vegan!
- It looks way worse for you than it actually is. Winning!
- Recipe and images by Elise Clarkson from Pixels and Sunshine for Families Magazine