Two Ingredient Ice-Cream Recipes for Summer!
Two ingredient ice-cream recipes are the go-to treat for every parent of a kid with an insatiable sweet tooth. They’re simple enough for kids to make themselves and tasty enough for them to finish every last spoonful! This healthy summer treat is a massive hit on school holidays and the Christmas table – but here’s some delightful variations that will thrill the kids.
The basics: home made ice-cream
The two ingredients can be as simple as two over-ripe bananas and another fruit of your choice. That’s the healthiest combination for two ingredient ice-cream and it’s surprisingly similar to make a healthy creamy treat!
Create the “base” of your ice-cream (about six serves)
- Cut 8 over-ripe bananas (starting to get spotty on the skin) into thin disks
- Freeze for a minimum of three hours
- Add your chosen second ingredient and blend.
- Refreeze for one hour and then enjoy!
Healthy two ingredient fruit ice-cream
In a separate container, cut up and freeze the fruits of your choice:
- 2 ripe mangoes
- 1 cup raspberries (note that the seeds and tartness of raspberries can put kids off this flavour)
- 1 cup blueberries, blackberries and mulberries
- 1.5 cups strawberries
- 1 cup chopped pineapple
- Pulp of three passion fruits (combined with mango or peach is delightful)
- 1 can peaches (skinned)
- 1 cup frozen fruit yoghurt
- 1 drop vanilla extract (for banana flavour)
Home made nutella ice-cream
OK, so still healthier than store bought ice-creams!
Using the frozen banana instructions above, blend with 2 tablespoons of sweetened condensed milk and 3 tablespoons of nutella. This makes a rich smooth ice-cream. If it’s not chocolatey enough for you, try adding a tablespoon of chocolate syrup too! You can also add a heaped tablespoon of smooth peanut butter for a nuttier taste!
More cool Summer treats
- Creamy Peach and Mango Frozen Yoghurt Recipe
- Easy Berry-Blast Frozen Yoghurt Recipe
- Banana Berry Frozen Yoghurt
- Tropical OJ Icey Poles
- Guilt-Free Frozen Banana Ice Cream
- Mango Sorbet
- Strawberries & Cream Ice Blocks
- Rainbow Real Fruit Iceblocks