Strawberries & Cream Ice Blocks | Recipe by Hello Fresh
On a hot day there is nothing quite like a cool ice cream to take the edge off the heat.
One of the things I love about Hello Fresh is the ‘bonus recipes‘ that sometimes come in their boxes of fresh food delivered to your door and are always available on their website (see bottom of this post). Today we gave the strawberries & cream ice blocks a try…
Strawberries & Cream Ice Blocks Recipe
These are a tasty, healthy treat for adults and kids alike!
- 200 mls plain yoghurt
- 3 tsps honey (optional)
- 50 mls milk
- 12 whole fresh strawberries (in slices)
- Ice block moulds
- Paddle pop sticks (if you use silicone moulds – we used ‘all in one’ moulds)
So easy Mr 18 and Master 9 did it together and took about 10 minutes in total!
- In a bowl, mix together the yoghurt, milk and honey (if using). I urge you to use the honey, it is what ‘makes’ it!
- Place the sliced strawberries into the ice block moulds, then pour in the yoghurt mixture.
- Freeze for an hour, then add the popsicle sticks into the thickened mixture. If you are using the moulds like the ones in our photos, then you can add the lids straight away
- Freeze for a further 5 hours
Mix it up: Of course you can mix it up with other fruit… why not try bananas? or mango? Or bananas AND strawberries AND mango?? If you DO try something different, let us know in comment below how it tasted!
Pro Tip: If you run some lukewarm water on the outsdie of the moulds, you’ll be able to slide them out of the moulds more easily!
Check out the Hello Freseh blog for more family friendly recipe ideas!