The Ginger Factory – Day Trips From Brisbane
The Ginger Factory – Day Trips From Brisbane with Kids
The Ginger Factory is a tourist attraction at Yandina on the Sunshine Coast. They are open 7 days a week (excluding Christmas Day), from 9am to 5pm, and have free admission. It is a family friendly space where children can play in their playground conveniently right next to the cafe. The attractions are designed with kids in mind, so there is a lot for the kids to look at, touch and taste. Families can wander through the gardens, buy memorabilia and treats in Ginger Town, and sample the largest selection of Buderim Ginger products in the world.
Ginger Factory – Costs
This can be a cheap day trip from Brisbane, depending on how you plan your time and what you would like to see. Entry to the Ginger Factory is free, and you can take a picnic lunch to enjoy in their lovely tropical gardens. Enjoy a stroll through acres of exotic plant-life with beautiful water features and wonderful photo opportunities. Alternatively you can buy lunch in the Ginger Cafe. You can also enjoy the heritage-style village of Ginger Town. Here you will find a range of shops offering Australian souvenirs, hand-made porcelain dolls, motoring memorabilia, sweet treats and condiments as well as a vast range of scents and herbal products.
The Ginger Factory offers packages you can purchase that allow you to choose what you would like to experience and how much you would like to spend. The range of experiences on offer include:
- The Ginger Train – Hop on board ‘Moreton’ the historic cane train for a leisurely tour through the beautiful gardens. Cost of tickets – , Tour Times: 9.30am – 4.30pm half hourly daily
- The Overboard Ride – Go ‘Overboard’ with the gingerbread man on a fantastic voyage around the world. Will he escape the clutches of the hungry chefs? Find out when you embark on this meandering water adventure ride for all the family. Cost of tickets – Adult: $12.50, Senior: $12.00, Child: $11.50, Family: $44.00. Tour Times: 9.30am – 4.00pm continuous daily
- The Super Bee Tour – Experience the fascinating world of the honeybee as beekeepers share with you the hidden secrets of the hive. To finish off this experience you will be taken into the Ginger Shop and given a taste of many different varietals of beautiful honey. Cost of tickets – Adult: $15.00, Senior: $13.00, Child: $11.00, Family: $57.00. Tour Times: 11.00am, 12.00pm, 1.30pm, 2.30pm
- The Factory Tour – See how ginger is grown, harvested and turned into a delicious range of products, many of which you get to taste for yourself. Cost of tickets – Adult: $15.00, Senior: $13.00, Child: $11.00, Family: $57.00. Tour Times: 10.00am, 11.00am, 12.00pm, 1.30pm, 2.30pm, 3.30pm daily
In addition, the Ginger Factory offer double tour deals, where you can buy two tour packages at a reduced rate (such as the Super Bee Tour and the Factory Tour for a Family). You can also buy VIP passes for various tours (year long use), or a Super Pass that allows you on all four attractions for the Family. They also offer discount packages for pre-booked groups on request.
For my family, the best value for money offer is to buy the Super Pass. My children love the Overboard ride and the Ginger Train, while my husband and I love the Factory Tour. All four of us find the Super Bee Tour excellent.
We have done it twice now and have learnt something new each time. The presenter we have had each time, Gayle, is extremely knowledgeable and friendly, and the kids love her.
Getting to Ginger Factory from Brisbane
The Ginger Factory is located at 50 Pioneer Rd, Yandina QLD. To get to the Ginger Factory from Brisbane, you can use the following options:
- By car – take the Bruce Highway, and take Exit 215.
- By public transport – You can take Sunbus services to get to The Ginger Factory. Route 631, travelling through Noosa, Cooroy, Eumundi, Yandina and Nambour, is the most convenient. Visit www.translink.com.au for timetable information.
- In addition, lots of tour companies visit The Ginger Factory as part of their Sunshine Coast itineraries. For more information visit Australian Day Tours, Storeyline Tours, Sunair Bus Services, Suncoast Half Day Tours, and Scenic Hinterland.
I would recommend the Ginger Factory for a family outing. I love the peacefulness that I find there. The gardens are lovely and I really enjoy sitting in the cafe and drinking my coffee in peace while the children play in the playground. My kids also love decorating the Gingerbread Men and Women that are available for purchase. You buy a pre-made Gingerbread man/woman and it comes with coloured icing, jellybeans, and a paddlepop stick so the kids can smear the icing on. My children get an enormous amount of pleasure out of this activity.
Want more day trips from Brisbane? Check out these:
We love day tripping out of Brisbane. So much, that we have written a tonne of articles about it!