Sticky Date Muffins
Families Magazine is proud to bring you the last of 20 healthy and easy to make snacks with recipes included!
Makes 6 – 12 muffins; prep time 40mins
- 1 cup of dried dates
- ¼ cup boiling water
- 1 large banana
- 1 cup wholemeal Self Raising Flour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Nutmeg or Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C and grease a muffin tray.
- Place dates and boiling water in a small bowl and set aside.
- Place banana, flour, eggs, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla into a food processor and process until smooth and creamy.
- Add dates (with water) to the food processor and pulse to chop dates and mix.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin tray. Bake in oven for 20 – 30 mins, depending on the size of the muffins.
- Muffins are ready when they start to golden and the centre is firm to touch. Freezer friendly.