Families Magazine is proud to bring you 20 healthy and easy to make snacks with recipes included!
Easy Choc-orange Muffin – Snack
Makes 6 large muffins or 12 mini muffins, prep time 30mins
- 1 orange
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup dried dates
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 2 tablespoons choc chips
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees and prepare a muffin tray (either with patty pans or spray with olive oil).
- Remove the zest from the orange and set aside. Cut the flesh from the orange and place into a food processor with dates. Process on high until well pureed.
- Add coconut oil, eggs and sugar to the food processor and process again until well combined.
- Transfer mixture to a large mixing bowl and add desiccated coconut, flour and half the orange zest. Mix well to combine.
- Spoon the mixture into prepared muffin tray and garnish each muffin evenly with choc chips and remaining zest.
- Place in pre-heated oven for 20mins or until muffins are firm to the touch.
- Perfect for lunchboxes
Even more muffin recipes