UPDATED FOR 2019: Halloween Brisbane – Where to Trick or Treat Near Brisbane!
It’s Halloween! Where to Trick or Treat in Brisbane!
Looking for the BEST in haunted houses and trick or treat experiences in Brisbane? Try these venues in 2019 but remember if you plan to take the kids ‘out of your local area’ you may like to consider taking some ‘treats’ to replenish the supplies of the houses you visit. It can get busy in the popular areas.
Please respect the residents of these homes who put so much effort into making incredible displays that everyone can enjoy – it is important to show respect and not ruin anyone’s fun.
Looking for a “safe place” to take your kids trick or treating in Brisbane? You don’t have to be of Scottish heritage (or US for that matter) to enjoy a few spooky Halloween activities and some trick or treating here in Brisbane. There are plenty of Halloween street parties in Brisbane for kids who love a little dress up and a little scary fun!
Trick or treating tips:
- Note that Trick or Treating USUALLY starts around 5 – 5.30pm and finishes by 8pm. Individual houses have the right to start and finish whenever they want – please respect them.
- Tricking is not really done in Australia, so don’t let little ones think they’ll be toilet papering a house!
- Never let a child go alone. Stay with your child at all times and inspect all treats before they eat. All Halloween sweets should be sealed. Don’t let kids eat anything from a broken package.
- Take bottled water and limit how many treats kids can eat lest they become sick before the street party is finished. Make a deal BEFORE you go on how many treats are up for grabs on the night!
- Eat some good food before you go!
- Be cautious on roads. Although the street parties we’ve listed are pretty well known, local drivers may not be aware.
- If you’re going trick or treating in your own street, keep in mind that not everyone is keen! Stick to the neighbours you know or opt for an organised street party!
- Treat buckets fill fast and sweets will be decanted into your handbag! Take a bag for each child as you’ll be carrying their stuff (as always!)
- Respect the displays and do not over-crowd (particularly if you have travelled to another suburb)
- SAY THANK YOU!
Treasure Hunt for Halloween
Not keen to go out into the streets? These shopping centres have set up a virtual reality treasure hunt for you and your kids – all treats and no tricks (promise!)
Halloween Trick or Treat Street Parties – Brisbane Northside, Redcliffe and Sunshine Coast
(This streets list is compiled from various sources including ‘Brisbane Halloween Lovers’ Facebook group, emails directly to us, comments on our website and PM’s to our own Facebook page – thank you to everyone for participating! Please feel free to message us so YOU can be included as well!)
We are constantly updating this list as new information comes to light so please watch this space.
26 Lever Street
63A Emperor Street
10-12 Boon Street
Poison Pumpkin Patch – 14 Arcola St
15 Wynford Street – Ghouls in Wynford Street
2-8 Rothbury Street (Halloween Charity Event)
46 Belvedere Crescent – Belvedere Boo Grew
20 Geraint Street
16 Barrabui Street
5 Gordon Street
176 Lascelles Street
67 Ronald Court (annual Halloween Spooktacular Maze!)
1 Camellia Street
51-55 Kenna St (Neighbourhood party! Wooooooo!)
50 Biarra street – House of Death (note: this one will be SPOOKY)
35 Ferny Way
4 Dya Place – Higgins Haunted Mansion
Howard St – The Howard Haunt
Blackwood Street – This is a highly organised street party with rides and other attractions
24 Glorious Avenue – Haunting in Narangba
36 Waterway Crescent – Waterway Skeletons
Overlea Street Nudgee – Decorated houses, tons of neighbourly love and up to 100 trick or treaters in frightening costumes!
54 Imbros Street – Nightmare in Nundah!
22 Pinnock crescent – Nightmare on Halloween Street
40 Hayward Street
2 Meredith Street
9 John Street
31 Davis Street
107 Clayton Street
Mid 200’s on University Way
45 Melaleuca Drive – Creepy Haunt
Munna Street – Wilston Spooktacular
1 Slessar Street
42 Alexander Street
GOT A TIP OR A QUERY? TELL US!
Halloween Trick or Treat Street Parties Brisbane South, Logan, Redlands and Gold Coast
34 Harden street – Harden Street Haunted House
30 Garter Street
4 Pigeon Court – Ghoulicious
85 High St – Howling at the Moon
3 Ferndale Street (You can find this special house on Facebook here! Definitely a great Halloween spot if you’re on the southside!)
Oxford Street. Hocus Pocus in the Park is the launching place and then there’s tons of trick or treating in streets nearby
84 Whitworth Road – The Magical Haunted Garden
26 Lewis street – Arachnophobia (argh!)
29 Lewis Place
31 Lewis place
43 Wilson Drive – The Graveyard
Kidwelly Street – surrounding streets also get involved – take a stroll to find the best places!
Capalaba Park Shopping Centre has a trick or treat event that’s best suited to smaller kids. It kicks off from 4pm.
9A Kaye St
69 Lawrie Drive – Gorey on Lawrie
93 Nyleta Street – A Nightmare on Nyleta Street
36 Amelia Street – Cheers Witches!
8 Ochna Street – Pirate Party
20 Trulson Drive
55 Crest Road – Creepy Trees Manor
Many Harbour Village, Cambridge Parade. The Manly street party is a highly organised event. Learn more about it here.
11 Carnation Road – Witches Greenhouse
103 Horizon Drive
1 Dunstan Street – The Witches in the Woods
24 Wallace Street
2/17 Ivymount – Scarington Alley
8 Bloodwood Place
65 Estramina Road
71 125 Orchard road – The Ghoulish Graveyard
Seventeen Mile Rocks
46 Carlyle Street
Ranch Street – This is a highly organised event that has a gold coin donation entry to raise money for research into rare cancers. It’s been happening for nearly a decade and has extra scary stuff for bigger kids. The legendary Halloween House is a must do for Brisbane families!
127A Merrick Street
Halloween Trick or Treat Street Parties West Brisbane and Ipswich
Streets around Catherine Morgan Park – organised event in the park and then trick or treating for all!
525 Junction Road
1 Bottomley Street – Maze of Terror
85 High Street
8/39-41 Fryar road
Mortlake Road – This is a well known and highly organised one. Kids will have a ball!
31 Milligan street
14 Mark Court – Creepy Carnival
5 Lisa Court
Norton Sands Drive
Milford Street – Kozij Krazy House
1 Zen Court
12 Moonbeam Street
3 Caspian Court
Know of an amazing places to trick or treat between Brisbane and Ipswich? Tell us – we’re dead keen to share!
Toowoomba Turns Up The Spook! Trick or Treat Paradise!
Toowoomba is Spooky Town! The city really gets behind Halloween with massively co-0rdinated street party events and hosted events. If you’re planning a trip to Toowoomba, make it Halloween Weekend! Watch THIS SPACE as we hope to update with street listings soon.
A big thank you to the Facebook group Halloween Toowoomba and Surrounds for this fab map and list of addresses!
- 31 John Street, Cambooya
- Aster Street, Centenary Heights
- 5 Cranley Street, Centenary Heights
- 25 Liebke Crescent, Cranley
- 11 Nolan Court, Darling Heights
- 4 Dylan Court, Darling Heights
- 89 Luck Street, Drayton
- 17 Brose Street, Drayton
- 96 Margaret Street, East Toowoomba
- 40 Alistair Street, Glenvale
- 101 Ruthven Street, Harlaxton
- 74 Warwick Street, Harristown
- 77 Arabian Street, Harristown
- Nowak Street, Harristown
- 50A Warwick Street, Harristown
- 3 Wessex Street. Harristown
- 20 Muller Street, Kearneys Spring
- Lockyer Street, Kleinton
- 48 Bennett Street, Kleinton
- Camborne Street, Kleinton
- 209 Nelson Street, Middle Ridge
- 17 Holt Street, Middle Ridge
- 3 Westbrook St, Newtown
- 15 Vacy Street, Newtown
- 225 Bridge Street, North Toowoomba
- 73 Hume Street, Pittsworth
- Webb Street, Rangeville
- 24 Blue Hills Drive, Rangeville
- 225 Bridge Street, North Toowoomba
- 22 Cranley St, South Toowoomba
- 13 View Street, South Toowoomba
- 1 Station Street, South Toowoomba
- Beech Lane, Toowoomba City
- 9 Vista Court, Withcott
- 18 Claret St, Wilsonton Heights
- 44 Wine Dr, Wilsonton Heights
- 10 Hinton Street, Wilsonton
- 14 Coolawin Court, Wilsonton Heights
- 25 Dalmeny Street, Wilsonton
- 361 Tor Street, Wilsonton
- 6 Baron Court, Wilsonton
- 52 Kingsford Smith Drive, Wilsonton
- 17 Tara Street, Wilsonton
- 14 Coolawin Court, Winsonton
- 25 Dalmeny Street, Wilsonton
- 22 Wine Drive, Wilsonton Heights
- 16 Sherry Street Wilsonton Heights
- 2 Kensei Street, Wyreema
If you’re a home in TOOWOOMBA and you’re doing a Halloween display we’d love to hear from you. Our source from 2018 has now closed down so we’re relying on the public! Please get involved and leave us a comment or email us directly to see your home listed below.
Toowoomba also holds some great events for kids!
- Trick or Treating at Wyreema Hall. 28th October. $5 per child.
- Halloween Kids Party at Wilsonton Hotel. 31st October 6-830pm.
Halloween Trick or Treating In Brisbane
Next year, why not think about hosting your own street party in Brisbane?
Planning to host your own Halloween Street Party CLICK HERE for instructions and tips!
Have we mentioned your street party? We’d love to talk to you about your experience. If you have any tips, tricks or concerns about Halloween Brisbane, please shoot us a message!