Halloween Brisbane – Where to Trick or Treat Near Brisbane!
It’s Halloween! Where to Trick or Treat in Brisbane!
Looking for the BEST in haunted houses and trick or treat experiences in Brisbane? Try these venues in 2018 but remember if you plan to take the kids ‘out of your local area’ you may like to consider taking some ‘treats’ to replenish the supplies of the houses you visit. It can get busy in the popular areas.
Please respect the residents of these homes who put so much effort into making incredible displays that everyone can enjoy – it is important to show respect and not ruin anyone’s fun.
Looking for a “safe place” to take your kids trick or treating in Brisbane? You don’t have to be of Scottish heritage (or US for that matter) to enjoy a few spooky Halloween activities and some trick or treating here in Brisbane. There are plenty of Halloween street parties in Brisbane for kids who love a little dress up and a little scary fun!
Trick or treating tips:
- Note that Trick or Treating usually starts around 5 – 5.30pm and finishes by 8pm.
- Tricking is not really done in Australia, so don’t let little ones think they’ll be toilet papering a house!
- Never let a child go alone. Stay with your child at all times and inspect all treats before they eat. All Halloween sweets should be sealed. Don’t let kids eat anything from a broken package.
- Take bottled water and limit how many treats kids can eat lest they become sick before the street party is finished. Make a deal BEFORE you go on how many treats are up for grabs on the night!
- Eat some good food before you go!
- Be cautious on roads. Although the street parties we’ve listed are pretty well known, local drivers may not be aware.
- If you’re going trick or treating in your own street, keep in mind that not everyone is keen! Stick to the neighbours you know or opt for an organised street party!
- Treat buckets fill fast and sweets will be decanted into your handbag! Take a bag for each child as you’ll be carrying their stuff (as always!)
- Respect the displays and do not over-crowd (particularly if you have traveled to another suburb)
- SAY THANK YOU!
Treasure Hunt for Halloween
Not keen to go out into the streets? These shopping centres have set up a virtual reality treasure hunt for you and your kids – all treats and no tricks (promise!)
Halloween Trick or Treat Street Parties – Brisbane Northside, Redcliffe and Sunshine Coast
(This streets list is compiled from various sources including ‘Brisbane Halloween Lovers’ Facebook group, emails directly to us, comments on our website and PM’s to our own Facebook page – thank you to everyone for participating!
Boon Street – Tunnel O’ Terror
Crazy Carstairs Crypt – 14 Arcola St
2-8 Rothbury Street (Halloween Charity Event)
46 Belvedere Crescent
15 Groves Crescent
67 Ronald Court (annual Halloween Spooktacular Maze!)
21 Lendon Street
3 Paringa Close
84 Carinya Street
Blackwood Street – This is a highly organised street party with rides and other attractions
12 Catherine Ct
24 Glorious Avenue
Overlea Street Nudgee – Decorated houses, tons of neighbourly love and up to 100 trick or treaters in frightening costumes!
54 Imbros Street – Nightmare in Nundah!
Unit 8/140 Endeavour Blvd
40 Hayward Street
45 Ella Street
107 Clayton Street
9 Fernlea Avenue
Mid 200’s on University Way
16 Hillview Street
6 Forest Ridge Court
16 Egret Place
GOT A TIP OR A QUERY? TELL US!
Halloween Trick or Treat Street Parties Brisbane South, Logan, Redlands and Gold Coast
85 High St
3 Ferndale Street (You can find this special house on Facebook here! Definitely a great Halloween spot if you’re on the southside!)
Oxford Street. Hocus Pocus in the Park is the launching place and then there’s tons of trick or treating in streets nearby
84 Whitworth Road – The Magical Haunted Garden
19 Armstrong Road
81 Molloy Road – Macabre On Molloy
43 Wilson Drive – The Devil’s Garden
Kidwelly Street – surrounding streets also get involved – take a stroll to find the best places!
Capalaba Park Shopping Centre has a trick or treat event that’s best suited to smaller kids. It kicks off from 4pm.
2 Beazley crt
8 Ochna Street
21 Kowari street
Many Harbour Village, Cambridge Parade. The Manly street party is a highly organised event. Learn more about it here.
11 Carnation Road
1 Dunstan Street
8 Bloodwood place
770 Musgrave Road – The Haunting Of Robertson
24 Mungala Street
9 Hindmarsh Court
6 Poinciana Crescent
Unit 31/18 Sunny Court
Ranch Street – This is a highly organised event that has a gold coin donation entry to raise money for research into rare cancers. It’s been happening for nearly a decade and has extra scary stuff for bigger kids. The legendary Halloween House is a must do for Brisbane families!
01/24 Tallis Street
2 Berber Court
Halloween Trick or Treat Street Parties West Brisbane and Ipswich
Streets around Catherine Morgan Park – organised event in the park and then trick or treating for all!
525 Junction Road
1 Bottomley Street
43 Wilson dr
2 Beazley Court
17 Whitwood Road
Mortlake Road – This is a well known and highly organised one. Kids will have a ball!
15 Wandoo Court
14 Mark Court
6 Forest Ridge Crt
3 3 Caspian Court
Know of an amazing places to trick or treat between Brisbane and Ipswich? Tell us – we’re dead keen to share!
Toowoomba Turns Up The Spook! Trick or Treat Paradise!
Toowoomba is Spooky Town! The city really gets behind Halloween with massively co-0rdinated street party events and hosted events. If you’re planning a trip to Toowoomba, make it Halloween Weekend!
- Aster Street, Centenary Heights
- 26 Lotus Crescent, Centenary Heights
- 102 Ramsay Street, Centenary Heights
- 7 Raftery Street, Centenary Heights
- Sanctuary Drive, Cranley
- 89 Luck Street, Drayton
- 32 Ipswich Street, East Toowoomba
- 5 Balaroo Drive, Glenvale
- 13 Panorama Drive, Glenvale
- 49 Stratconan Drive, Glenvale
- 12 Opal Street, Glenvale
- 18 Coonan Street, Harlaxton
- Noack Street, Harristown
- 8 Farquharson Street, Harristown
- 36 Lockyer Street, Highfields
- 7 Pixie Drive, Kearneys Spring
- Charnley Street, Kearneys Spring
- 17 Holt Street, Middle Ridge
- 18 Brim Street, Newtown
- 190 Russell Street, Newtown
- 3 Westbrook Street, Newtown
- 73 Hume Street, Pittsworth
- 3 Faith Street, Rangeville
- 8 Box Street, Rangeville
- 21 Trousdell Court, Rockville
- 13 View Street, South Toowoomba
- 5 & 22 Cranley Street, South Toowoomba
- 3 Seaton Street, South Toowoomba
- 181 Long Street, South Toowoomba
- 13 View Street, South Toowoomba
- Maculan Crescent, Westbrook
- 10 Hinton Street, Wilsonton
- 44 Wine Drive, Wilsonton Heights
- 33 Champagne Crescent, Wilsonton Heights
- 18 Claret Street, Wilsonton Heights
Toowoomba also holds some great events for kids!
- Trick or Treating at Wyreema Hall. 28th October. $5 per child.
- Halloween Kids Party at Wilsonton Hotel. 31st October 6-830pm.
Halloween Trick or Treating In Brisbane
Next year, why not think about hosting your own street party in Brisbane?
Planning to host your own Halloween Street Party CLICK HERE for instructions and tips!
Have we mentioned your street party? We’d love to talk to you about your experience. If you have any tips, tricks or concerns about Halloween Brisbane, please shoot us a message!