Are you on the hunt for the freshest REAL Christmas tree Brisbane has to offer? There really is nothing better to make things feel extra festive than a real Christmas tree. Sure there are synthetic alternatives, but they absolutely do not compare to the real deal.
We’ve got your list of locations to find a pine-tastic real Christmas tree in Brisbane 2023. Some locations even invite you to head to their farm and choose a tree just for your family.
Why choose a real Christmas tree in Brisbane 2023?
There are plenty of reasons you should choose a real Christmas tree!
- Real Christmas trees provide you with a wonderfully traditional Christmas experience unlike anything else. Nothing makes Christmas like putting presents underneath a real tree and decorating its branches with your favourite ornaments.
- The best part about buying an authentic Christmas pine tree is the wonderful fragrance it brings into your home. It’s a delightful Christmas aroma that will last for weeks.
- Real trees, unlike their synthetic counterparts, come in a wide variety of sizes. They are also really simple to alter. Have a tree that is just a few inches too big for your living room? Simply get a hacksaw and cut off part of the stump.
- Choosing a real Christmas tree with your kids can be a really fun day out!
If you would like to update your entry or add to our article, please email Karen – Karen@FamiliesMagazine.com.au
- Why choose a real Christmas tree in Brisbane 2023?
- Where to get real Christmas trees in Brisbane
- Real Christmas Trees | Wilston | 2023
- Chrissy Trees 4 U | Kingaroy | 2023
- Merry Christmas Trees | Sunshine Coast | 2023
- Granite Belt Christmas Farm | Applethorpe | 2023
- The Little Christmas Co. | Kelvin Grove | 2023
- Local Nurseries and Bunnings Warehouse | 2023
- Lions Club of Brisbane Bunya | 2023
- The Christmas Tree Express | Samsonvale | 2023
- How to Care for a Real Christmas Tree
- Top 3 tips for decorating your real Christmas tree
Where to get real Christmas trees in Brisbane
Getting a real Christmas tree in Brisbane is no hassle at all. Some places include tree delivery and tree kits. Below are some of the best places in the Brisbane area to get real Christmas trees in 2022:
Real Christmas Trees | Wilston | 2023
Real Christmas Trees provide authentic Christmas Trees from Brisbane. From late November, you can buy trees and display them in your home to make the most of the Christmas spirit! Trees can also be delivered to your place as far out as Ipswich, Redcliffe and the Gold Coast. Real Christmas Trees offer a stay green spray, potted trees, removal service and stands to go along with the tree. Simply place your order in store, online or via the phone. You’ll find they’re open to take your order from Monday – Friday, 9am to 5pm. Prices start from $116+.
Address: 140 Edmondstone St, Wilston
Phone: 07 3366 8461
Chrissy Trees 4 U | Kingaroy | 2023
Experience the wonder of a freshly cut, pine-scented Christmas tree in your home this festive season! Chrissy Trees 4 U is a Christmas tree farm located near Kingaroy, where they grow specifically suited trees to our Queensland climate. You can get your hands on a variety of tree sizes including 5ft, 6ft, 7ft, 8ft, 9ft and 10ft in height and some are several years old. They are pruned throughout the year to form the traditional Christmas tree shape and give off an amazing pine scent. They also offer a number of Pre-Tagging events where you and your family can walk through the plantation and choose your special tree.
Orders can be made via email, phone, Facebook, or their website. They offer collection points for ordered trees, including points in North and South Brisbane, Toowoomba, Caboolture, and Kingaroy. The farm is open between 9am to 4pm.
Address: 33 Reedy Creek Road, Kingaroy QLD 4610
Phone: 07 4164 3161
Merry Christmas Trees | Sunshine Coast | 2023
Located on the Sunshine Coast, Merry Christmas Trees deliver real Christmas trees during December, but we suggest you order NOW! Prices start from $130+. Order online today!
Granite Belt Christmas Farm | Applethorpe | 2023
Nestled in the heart of the Granite Belt wine region, Southeast Queensland is family owned and operated Granite Belt Christmas Farm. Renowned for bringing the ‘Christmas Spirit’ alive all year round, there are a bundle of MUST DO’s on the farm for the whole family. Let the kids explore Santa’s animals, wander through the fields of real Christmas trees and savour the fresh smell of pine or visit the farm in harvest season and let the kids pick the perfect tree for your family festivities.
The farm is open open all year round from 9am – 4pm Monday to Sat and 9am to 2pm on Sundays. The first day of harvest for Christmas trees is the 30 November and they sell up until 23 December (or until all trees are sold out). Prices start from $95+ for a 5ft tree.
Address: 321 Aerodrome Road Applethorpe QLD 4378
Phone: 0499 924 289
The Little Christmas Co. | Kelvin Grove | 2023
Sisters, Gabrielle and Laura, together with their mum Anne-Marie, are behind The Little Christmas Co. The girls love Christmas and decorating their homes with a fresh evergreen Christmas tree each festive season. The family have a property at Mt Mee, where it became a family tradition to kick-off the festive season by searching the paddocks for a pine tree to take home and decorate as their annual Christmas tree. You can get your own Christmas tree too!
The trees will be available from 1 December from their Kelvin Grove warehouse and various other locations. They can also be delivered and installed for a fee. After the Christmas season, your tree can be collected on 29 December 2023 and disposed of for a fixed fee of $50. Trees start from $119.95+.
Address: 52A Bishop Street, Kelvin Grove
Phone: 0418 351 602
Local Nurseries and Bunnings Warehouse | 2023
Contact your local nursery or Bunnings Warehouse to see if they will be stocking Christmas trees for sale this year. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, why not decorate an Australian native plant or tree to create an Aussie Christmas?
Lions Club of Brisbane Bunya | 2023
Looking for the true smell of Christmas? Why not buy a real Christmas tree and support your local Lions Club of Brisbane Bunya Inc. Cut Aussie pine trees ranging between 2m-3m tall. In 2022, the trees were available from 8am – 3pm on Saturday 10 December till sold out (TBC for 2023). Head to Osborne Road, opposite Teralba Park soccer fields. Cash or card available but no holds or pre-orders.
If you are on the Gold Coast make sure you check out our ‘Where to Buy a Real Christmas Tree – Gold Coast to Byron’ article too!
The Christmas Tree Express | Samsonvale | 2023
Offering a small number of Christmas trees to the local Brisbane community and spreading some old-fashioned festive cheer, The Christmas Tree Express runs from a 40-acre farm. Christmas tree prices start from $135 for a small 6ft tree to $240 for an extra large 9ft tree.
You can choose to pick your tree up from Samsonvale or they can be delivered for a fee (check their website for delivery dates). Pick ups are available from 1st December to 4th December.
How to Care for a Real Christmas Tree
- Be sure to keep your cut tree in a stand. Fill the stand with 3-4 litres of water a day as the tree will absorb this easily.
- Place the tree in a cool shady spot. Too much heat or light will cause the tree to dry out quicker.
- Some tree sellers supply toxin free sprays which can be used to prolong the tree’s greenness. Apply this liberally when the tree first arrives home.
If they are looked after well, real Christmas Trees can last up to 3-4 weeks.
Top 3 tips for decorating your real Christmas tree
1. Hang the Christmas lights first by carefully weaving them around your tree
2. Add the Christmas tree tinsel – not too much and make sure it is evenly spaced around the tree
3. Lastly add the Christmas tree ornaments – again being careful to space them evenly around the tree.
…. or you know, if you have kids who want to ‘help’ have a glass of wine and let them do whatever they like…. and ‘fix’ it when they go to bed! 😉