Where to Buy a Real Christmas Tree – Gold Coast to Byron Bay
Are you looking to track down the most stunning, real Christmas tree gold coast has to offer? We totally understand the need to breathe in that sweet pine scent not to mention how special a real tree looks decorated and surrounded by presents on Christmas morning.
Plus they’re great for the environment. Unlike their synthetic counterparts, farmed trees spend the year doing great things for our air. And, if grown locally and mulched or composted after use, they’re carbon-neutral too. Winning!
Where to buy a real Christmas tree near you
Often local groups like your school P&C, Scout troops, and churches will sell Christmas trees to raise funds, however there are other options of course. Either way you’ll need to be organised, suppliers often run out so we’ve collated this list to help you make your real tree dreams a reality.
If you live on the Gold Coast, Tweed Heads or Byron Bay, this list is for you!
Gold Coast Christmas Trees
Gold Coast Christmas Trees will be bringing Quality Real Christmas Trees to the Gold Coast for the 11th year running in 2020. They have only a limited number of trees, so to avoid disappointment be sure to put your order in as soon as possible. Their first delivery of trees for 2020 will be Friday 27 November. Tree prices start from $95. Services offered by Gold Coast Christmas Trees include:
- The option for you to pick up your tree from Burleigh,
- Them delivering and setting up your tree,
- Tree removal once the festive season is over,
- A decorating service for your home if hanging baubles isn’t your passion.
Call or text 0422 087 111 to place your order. Families Tip: Place your order by 20 November to purchase your tree at 2018 prices!
Byron Bay Christmas Trees
Gold Coast Christmas Trees do a weekly delivery to Byron Bay on Sundays for trees to be collected from St Finbarr’s Catholic Primary School, 165 Bangalow Road, Byron Bay. You will need to pay a small fee to access this service. The first delivery will be Sunday 29 November and then each Sunday until Christmas. Call or text 0422 087 111 to place your order. Byron Bay Christmas Trees.
Real Christmas Trees
Real Christmas Trees source Victorian-grown trees that are specifically grown to have the traditional thick Christmas tree shape. Cut trees are available from late November with limited delivery dates to the Gold Coast so get in quick.
Call 07 3366 8461 to place your order asap. 2020 Gold Coast delivery dates include:
- Gold Coast North – Tues 1 & Wed 9 Dec | Postcodes 4205 – 4210
- Gold Coast South/Tweed – Tues 1 Dec | Postcodes 4214-4225, 2485-2488
- Tamborine – Tues 1 Dec | Postcode 4272
Chrissy Trees 4 U
Experience the wonder of a freshly cut, pine-scented Christmas tree in your home this festive season! Chrissy Trees 4 U is a Christmas tree farm located near Kingaroy, where they grow specifically suited trees to the Australian climate. Trees range from 5ft, 6ft, 7ft, 8ft, 9ft & 10ft in height and are several years old. They are pruned throughout the year to form the traditional Christmas tree shape, and give off an amazing pine scent. They also offer a number of Pre-Tagging events where your family can walk through the plantation and choose your special tree.
While Chrissy Trees 4 U doesn’t service the Gold Coast, however you can arrange for a pick up from Brisbane.
Local Nurseries and Bunnings Warehouse
Contact your local nursery or Bunnings Warehouse to see if they will be stocking Christmas trees for sale this year. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, why not decorate an Australian native plant or tree to create an Aussie Christmas?
Tips for getting the most out of your real Christmas tree
If they are looked after well, real Christmas Trees can last up to 3-4 weeks. Here’s our top tips for getting the most out of your real Christmas tree this year:
- A freshly cut tree is always better, but if this is not an option, cut about 25mm off the base.
- Make sure they always have a water supply – the base of the tree should always be immersed in a reservoir of water.
- Keep them away from air-conditioners. Fresh air will keep your tree looking lovely longer.
- Keep out of direct/constant sunlight, too much heat or light will cause the tree to dry out quicker.
- Some tree sellers supply toxin-free sprays which can be used to prolong the tree’s greenness. Apply this liberally when the tree first arrives home.
Gold Coast Christmas Fun for Families
Are you looking for ways to make this year’s Christmas extra special? Check out our list of the BEST 2020 Gold Coast Christmas activities for families here.