5 Quick and Healthy Breakfasts to Grab on Busy School Mornings
Breakfast really is the most important meal of the day! While it can be a rush to get organised some mornings, a little preparation and thought really does help and will ensure that you are giving your children and yourself the best start to the day.
5 quick, easy and healthy options
- Boiled eggs. Eggs are a great source of protein and easily eaten. Add to the top of some toast and avocado for some extra energy and healthy fats.
- Weet-bix with fruit and milk. Weet-bix are a good source of iron for children and with the addition of fruit high in Vitamin C, you will ensure the iron is absorbed.
- Toasted sandwiches. Easy to make with lots of filling options. Try ham, cheese and avocado; cheese and vegemite or cheese and spinach. Use wholemeal bread to increase fibre.
- A smoothie bowl. Easy to make and delicious on a hot morning! Blend up a combination of frozen fruit and top with yoghurt, seeds and nuts.
- Oats. Bircher muesli is a great option for summer and time saving as it is prepared the night before. For winter make porridge and add a grated apple and some cinnamon to mix up the flavour.
Teacher, Design Technology