Beef and Broccoli Slow Cooker Recipe | Freeze Ahead of Time
If you are time poor but you still want to eat well, then this beef and broccoli slow cooker recipe that you can freeze and use when you need it is the way forward! Better than takeaway this recipe is a great winter warmer for time poor parents that need to feed a hungry family!
Ingredients – Beef and Broccoli Slow Cooker Recipe
- 500gr thinly sliced beef/steak
- 2 cups of beef stock (I used water and beef stock cube)
- 1 cup low salt soy sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 6 cups broccoli
- 3 large carrots
- 1/4 cup cornstarch + 1/2 cup cold water
- sesame seeds (option)
- eschollots (optional)
You need to prepare the sauce first and freeze that along with the beef (un-cut), broccoli (cut into florets) and carrots (cut into round slices).
- Prepare the sauce by combining the beef stock, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil and garlic in a medium mixing bowl. Stir well and place into your sealable plastic bag.
- Cut broccoli into florets and place into another sealable plastic bag and pop into the freezer.
- Cut carrots into slices and place into a third sealable plastic bag and pop into the freezer.
- Freeze your beef/steak of choice
To Cook: Beef and Broccoli Slow Cooker Recipe
- Take beef out of the freezer night before or microwave to defrost and cut into thin strips.
- Plug in your slow cooker and allow to heat up while you grab the ingredients out of the freezer and defrost and cut up your beef.
- Place the sauce and the beef strips into the slow cooker and cook on high for 2 hours or low for 4 hours
- Before serving, in a small bowl whisk cornflour and water until dissolved. Add slowly to the slow cooker and stir.
- Add in broccoli and carrots
- Cover and cook for a further 30 minutes
- Cook your rice or noodles as per the pack instructions
- Divide amongst the plates or bowls and sprinkle with sesame seeds and sliced eschollots
Best served with rice or noodles and eaten with chopsticks! Bon Appétit!
We love this recipe with our self-saucing lemon pudding