Quick Chicken Breast Pizza Recipe
It’s not every day you find a quick and easy family-friendly recipe that’s also healthy. This simple to prepare chicken pizza recipe requires ingredients you probably have on hand and are ready in just 20 minutes. Great for those busy mid weeknights when you just need to get something on the table fast. We’d like to send a big shout out to the Queensland Government Healthier and Happier team for sharing this recipe with us. Families Magazine top tip: double the ingredients for a hungry family of four or more.
Effort Level | Easy
Servings | 2
Prep Time | 10 minutes
Cooking | 10 minutes
- 1 thin 23cm pizza base (dinner plate size)
- 2 tablespoons no-added-salt tomato paste
- 1 cup (30g) baby spinach leaves
- ½ large red onion, finely chopped
- 100g cooked or BBQ chicken breast, thinly sliced
- ½ small red capsicum, seeded and diced
- 6 large cherry tomatoes halved
- ½ cup grated reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- basil leaves, to serve
- Preheat oven to 220ºC (200ºC fan-forced).
- Spread tomato paste evenly over pizza base. Top with spinach leaves, sliced onion, chicken, capsicum strips and cherry tomatoes. Sprinkle with cheese and place on a baking tray, pizza stone or wire rack.
- Bake for 5 minutes until cheese is melted then cover with foil to prevent burning. Bake for a further 5 minutes until base is crisp.
- Sprinkle with roughly torn basil leaves on top to serve.
- Use mini bases, pita or wholegrain English muffins for individual pizzas
- For a Mediterranean chicken pizza add drained fat-free sundried tomatoes, fat-free marinated artichokes and eggplant
- Leftover pizza can be covered and stored in fridge for up to 2 days.
- Baking tray
- pizza stone
- wire rack
- heat mat
- serving plates
Recipe from LiveLighter® campaign © State of Western Australia 2012 and shared by the Queensland Government Healthier and Happier team under the Creative Commons Attribution No Derivatives 3.0 Australia licence. No changes have been made to the original recipe.