Is there anything better than a cob loaf on a chilly day in Brisbane? Well, yes there is! This healthier cob loaf recipe includes everything you love about a traditional cob loaf plus a few hidden vegies to give growing bodies what they need. So consider this your sign that with the right ingredients, cob loaf day can be everyday. You’re welcome!
Paediatric Nutritionist Shelley Judge from Good Little Eaters created this delicious recipe packed with corn, spinach, ricotta and bacon. Yum! Read on for the full recipe and instructions.
The nitty gritty
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 8
- 1 Onion finely diced
- 2 cloves Garlic crushed
- 100 g Bacon. Finely diced
- 400 tin Corn
- 180 g spinach fresh
- 300 g Ricotta
- 300 g Sour cream
- 1 cob loaf top removed and insides hollowed out
Preheat the oven to 180C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
Heat a non-stick fry pan on medium heat. Add the onion, garlic and bacon to the pan. Sauté for 3-4 mins. Add in the corn and spinach stirring until the spinach just wilts. Finally remove from the heat and stir through the ricotta and sour cream until melted and well combined.
Prepare the cob loaf by slicing off the top and pulling out the bread from the inside of the cob. Place the cob loaf on the tray and pour in the dip mixture. Place the top of the cob back on top and then scatter the insides of the loaf around the tray.
Bake in the oven for 15min or until the bread is golden. Serve immediately.
About Good Little Eaters
Good Little Eaters is your go-to destination for kids’ nutrition, made fun, easy and simple (just like meal time should be!) Grow healthy kids with a good relationship with all foods – because life’s too short to cut out cake.
Looking for more quick and healthy recipes?
- This simple to prepare chicken pizza recipe requires ingredients you probably have on hand and will be ready in just 20 minutes.
- If you are time poor but you still want to eat well, then this beef and broccoli slow cooker recipe that you can freeze and use when you need it is the way forward!
- These easy zucchini slice muffins can be whipped up in 20 minutes, the kids can help grate, mix, measure and pour for a great mid afternoon snack or lunch box filler that kids love!