Next stop: Santa Express! | Santa Rides Suburban Trains
Please note: This is yet to be confirmed for 2021
The man in the big red suit is back in Brisbane on the Santa Express this December. Santa is set to soak up the sun this summer when he heads to South East Queensland and swaps his sleigh for a train to spread Christmas cheer across the Queensland Rail network from 14 to 18 December.
Queensland Rail Group Executive Customer and Corporate Affairs, Natalie Roach, said she was pleased to welcome Santa and his helpers back onboard this month (December) after what’s been a tough year for everyone.
“Santa will be taking time out of his action-packed schedule to travel across the SEQ rail network, swapping his reindeer for train-deer,” Ms Roach said.
“Santa and his elves will be visiting key stations on our network from Monday, 14 December until Friday, 18 December.
“Each day we will share Santa’s travel plans on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram so customers can come along and grab a picture.”
Ms Roach said customers wanting to plan their journey in advance could visit Queensland Rail’s website to view the week’s schedule.
She said Santa’s highly anticipated visit to the sunshine state would be different to previous years, with COVID-19 restrictions still in place.
“Social distancing measures will be in place while Santa travels between stations and his elves will help customers snap the perfect photo,” she said.
“This is a fantastic opportunity for families and customers alike to celebrate the festive season with Queensland Rail.”
Remember – Kids ride on public transport for FREE on weekends! Read all about it here.
“The Santa Express is a great opportunity for families looking for a fun day out during the school holidays, with children, parents, grandparents and friends welcome to come and enjoy some Christmas cheer.”
Santa will be travelling on a different line each day, departing Central station at approximately 9am and returning at 4pm, or he can be found at local stations at the following times.
Santa Express timetable
Monday 14 December
- Central between 8.50am and 9.20am
- Roma Street between 9.35am and 10.45am
- Petrie between 1.25pm and 1.55pm
- Central between 2.45pm and 3.30pm
Tuesday 15 December
- Central between 8.30am and 9.05am
- Sandgate between 9.45am and 10.30am
- Central between 1.10pm and 2pm
Wednesday 16 December
- South Brisbane between 8.20am and 8.50am
- Manly between 9.30am and 9.50am
- Central between 10.41am and 11.05am
- Ipswich between 1:26pm and 2:00pm
Thursday 17 December
- Central between 8.00am and 8.55am
- Beenleigh between 9.50am and 10.15am
- Helensvale between 10.40am and 11.20am
- Roma Street between 1.30pm and 2.30pm
Friday 18 December
- Central between 8.00am and 8.40am
- Mitchelton between 9.05am and 10.00am
- Northgate between 1.50pm and 2.05pm
- Central between 2.30pm and 4.00pm