Noosa Kayaking is an experience that your family won’t soon forget. What better way to see the spectacular Everglades than calmly cruising the waters surrounded by your loved ones? This is a great adventure experience for families with older kids and one that you need to put on your bucket list!
Noosa Kayaking the Everglades
It’s one of the local areas’ best-kept secrets for a great reason. (Whoops, cat’s out of the bag now!) Travel to the Cooloola section of the Great Sandy National Park to find one of the most beautiful, untouched ecosystems you’ll ever be lucky enough to see.
There are many self-guided kayak and canoe suggested tours available in the region so ask around for the best deals. These changes seasonally so you might be surprised!
Let’s get ready to go!
A Noosa kayaking adventure is one that you need to prepare for. We recommend:
- Getting a very early start to beat the heat and watch the sun rise
- Being prepared as possible with safety equipment, sun protection, sustenance and letting people know where you’re going
- There’s an old kayaking proverb: “Dress for the water, not the weather”
- Familiarise yourself and your family with safety and rescue protocol
Any ‘must visit’ spots on our Noosa kayaking adventure?
Make sure you check out:
- Elanda Point (a great launch site)
- Lake Cootharaba
- Fig Tree Point (it looks like a postcard)
- The Narrows
- Harry’s Hut (great spot to get out and have a run around to warm up the limbs)
- Deserted River
Aaaaaahhhhhh… the serenity.
A Noosa kayaking adventure is definitely one of our favourite things to do in Noosa with kids. It’s got it all – amazing scenery, physical activity and it will wear the kids out so you can have some peaceful relaxtion later on. Bliss!
If kayaking’s not your thing there’s stand up paddle boarding, boat hire or guided boat tours a plenty. Just make sure you get out and see this natural wonder for yourselves!