Kick Dance, located in Brisbane’s south side, provides classes in ballet, hip-hop, jazz, acrobatics, contemporary dance, tap, Irish dancing and musical theatre for all ages and abilities, from toddler to adult. Their aim is to offer structured programs in dance, singing and acting run by professional teachers with excellent qualifications and extensive industry experience. They provide classes which facilitate enjoyment, confidence and sociability, develop students at a very high technical level and allow a ‘KICK’ start into the performing arts.
What is Kick Dance?
Kick Dance is part of the Kick Arts studio, which has been teaching dance and performing arts for more than 25 years. Their teachers are all professionals with extensive industry experience and a high level of success.
They are very proud of their students who have successfully gained places in:
- Queensland Ballet extension program,
- Queensland Ballet Professional Year and Company,
- Australian Ballet School’s Junior Training Programme
- Ballet Theatre of Queensland,
- Queensland Youth Ballet,
- Queensland School of Excellence,
- Edge Professional school in Melbourne,
- ED5 in Sydney,
- State of Origin football openings,
- Bullets and Broncos cheer squads,
- Wiggles videos and other music videos,
- International Cruise Liners,
- Movie World
- The Wizard of OZ, The King and I, Matilda, School of Rock,
- advertisements, and
- numerous State and National titles.
Students are currently dancing all over the world, such as The Moulin Rouge in Paris, Disneyland Tokyo and Hong Kong and Universal Studios internationally. They are recipients of many Eisteddfod titles including Classical Ballet, Jazz and Tap Championships and aggregates.
What are the benefits of joining Kick Dance?
Kick Dance improves fitness, flexibility and coordination, develops strength and balance, and fosters a love of music and movement. The Kick community ensures a social and embracing culture where lifetime friendships are established.
Kick Dance concerts and performances
Kick Dance holds several annual performances encompassing all their classes and dance genres. In addition to the performances, children can participate in Eisteddfods and may be invited to join Troupes. They also dance at events such as the Ekka and openings.
Get in touch with Kick Dance
Call: 0414 308 248
Kick Dance locations
- Bulimba Uniting Church – 216 Oxford Street, Bulimba
- MAIN STUDIOS – 29 Breene Place, Morningside
- Norman Park State school – Hipwood Street, Norman Park