Here’s something a little sweet and spooky to get you in the mood for All Hallows Eve! With a little supervision the kids can whip up this Halloween recipe by themselves.
This is a fun Halloween inspired recipe – perfect for trick or treating, or class parties – and with very little effort it looks fabulous. Winning!
To get your kids into the spirit more, you could also teach them the real meaning of Halloween.
- 400 grams dark chocolate melts
- 150 grams white chocolate melts
- A handful of orange and green M&M’s
- Orange 100 & 1000’s
- 2 licorice all sorts ( orange & green )
- Put the white chocolate in a microwave- safe bowl and set aside
- Put the 400 grams of dark chocolate into a microwave-safe bowl
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave in 30 second bursts
- Stir to make sure it is all melted and smooth
- Line a cookie sheet with baking paper
- Spread the chocolate out evenly onto the tray (approx ½ centimetre thick) using a spatula
- Leave a tiny bit in the bowl for decoration
- Push in about half of the M&M’s leaving enough room between them for the ghouls
- Sprinkle the orange 100 & 1000’s all around the edge
- Melt the white chocolate in 20 second bursts
- Working quickly use a teaspoon to make a dollop of white chocolate onto the chocolate already spread on the tray
- Use a toothpick or the end of a teaspoon to spread the white chocolate into a ghoul shape
- Use the toothpick to dip into the remaining dark chocolate and make 2 dots for eyes and a bigger one for a mouth
- Thinly sliced the licorice all sorts and push them into the melted chocolate
- Push the rest of the M&M’s into the chocolate
- And sprinkle with some more orange 100 & 1000’s
- Put into the fridge to set for at least an hour
- Cut into large chunks with a sharp knife
The nitty gritty:
- Takes about 10 mins to make and 1hr to set properly
- Prep all the toppings before you melt the chocolate
- The white chocolate sets quickly. A fast ghoul is a good ghoul.
RELATED: We’ve created a list of places to go and things to do for Halloween in Brisbane with just about every Brisbane suburb covered!