Chermside Library for Families | Review
Chermside Library is a fabulous destination for Northside families with children of all ages. There are activities and resources to satisfy every mind and imagination. It’s one of our favourite places – come and see why.
Where is Chermside Library?
Chermside Library is conveniently located right near Chermside Shopping Centre – meaning there are a LOT of buses that can get you there. There’s plentiful parking and lots of family and disabled-friendly facilities.
Chermside Library Facilities
As previously mentioned, Chermside library has LOTS to offer all different types of families! Some of the great features you can expect to find include:
- Three large meeting rooms
- Quiet areas for study and reading
- Quiet rooms and booths for concentration
- A fantastic children’s library area
- A Maker Space
- A digital learning and literacy space
- Convenient self-service options
- Computers with wi-fi (free to use)
- Cafe 641.15 which sells coffee and food
Kids activities at Chermside Library
- Toddler Time; a program for 1 to 3 year olds enhancing pre-literacy and social skills through song, rhyme and dance.
- Babies, Books and Rhymes; a group held for families with babies up to 1 year old. Emphasis is placed on building communication and language skills through singing, action rhymes and clapping.
- English Conversation Group; an informal meeting which takes place on Friday afternoons for those wanting to improve their English skills.
- First 5 Forever Children’s Storytime; children aged 2 to 5 will benefit from this initiative funded by the Queensland Government, with the building of early language and literacy skills playing a central role.
- Children’s Storytime; Also for 2 to 5 year olds providing craft activities alongside songs and stories which will capture your child’s imagination.
Chermside Library opening hours
Closed on public holidays
Monday, Wednesday and Friday: 9am – 6pm
Tuesday and Thursday: 9am – 8pm
Saturday: 9am – 4pm
Sunday: 10am – 4pm
What else is nearby Chermside Library?
Chermside Pool is a great place to make a splash year round. This heated pool facility has a water park, toddler-friendly facilities and plenty to do for big kids as well! Find out what else there is to to in Chermside here.