Chermside Library is a fabulous destination for Northside families with children of all ages. There are activities and resources to satisfy every mind and imagination. It’s one of our favourite places – come and see why.
Where is Chermside Library?
Chermside Library is conveniently located right near Chermside Shopping Centre – meaning there are a LOT of buses that can get you there. There’s plentiful parking and lots of family and disabled-friendly facilities.
Chermside Library Facilities
As previously mentioned, Chermside library has LOTS to offer all different types of families! Some of the great features you can expect to find include:
- Three large meeting rooms
- Quiet areas for study and reading
- Quiet rooms and booths for concentration
- A fantastic children’s library area
- A Maker Space
- A digital learning and literacy space
- Convenient self-service options
- Computers with wi-fi (free to use)
- Cafe 641.15 which sells coffee and food
Kids activities at Chermside Library
- Toddler Time; a program for 1 to 3 year olds enhancing pre-literacy and social skills through song, rhyme and dance.
- Babies, Books and Rhymes; a group held for families with babies up to 1 year old. Emphasis is placed on building communication and language skills through singing, action rhymes and clapping.
- English Conversation Group; an informal meeting which takes place on Friday afternoons for those wanting to improve their English skills.
- First 5 Forever Children’s Storytime; children aged 2 to 5 will benefit from this initiative funded by the Queensland Government, with the building of early language and literacy skills playing a central role.
- Children’s Storytime; Also for 2 to 5 year olds providing craft activities alongside songs and stories which will capture your child’s imagination.
Chermside Library opening hours
Closed on public holidays
Monday, Wednesday and Friday: 9am – 6pm
Tuesday and Thursday: 9am – 8pm
Saturday: 9am – 4pm
Sunday: 10am – 4pm
What else is nearby Chermside Library?
Chermside Pool is a great place to make a splash year round. This heated pool facility has a water park, toddler-friendly facilities and plenty to do for big kids as well! Find out what else there is to to in Chermside here.
If you love books then you will also love the Lifeline Bookfest.