The Inflatable Factory Review | Fun for Kids in Brisbane
The Inflatable Factory runs a giant pop up inflatable theme park during the school holidays, and it’s now open in Samford during the Easter 2018 school holidays!
We went along today to tell you everything you need to know about this fun filled school holiday activity on the north side of Brisbane.
The Inflatable Factory attractions
The above photo is in panoramic view and gives you an idea of just how many rides are on offer. Whilst a lot of people came on the day, there were only three inflatable attractions that had a queue, these were the more extreme attractions that had a limit of one or two people on it at a single time.
There was a fantastic range of rides for the little ones, rides for the bigger non-thrill seeker kids, rides for the thrill seekers and rides for those who don’t mind a little rough and tumble. Somehow they’ve managed to cover off all personality types, they’ve made sure that there are plenty of things to do for everyone.
Whilst there is no minimum age, there is an under 5’s zone to cater for the little kids.
Admission prices are for 2 hours of unlimited rides:
- 4 years and under – $8
- 5 years and over / adults – $17
- Family (2 adults & 2 kids) – $60
- Spectators – FREE
When we arrived today (at around 10:30am), it had just finished sprinkling, they’d apparently temporarily thrown tarps over the inflatables, then dried them off with towels prior to allowing people back on.
Whilst the admission is for 2 hours, due to the fact that it was sprinkling earlier this morning, all people who came through the door from this point received 3 HOURS for the price of two. They explained that if the weather doesn’t allow the full amount of time, they will ensure that they make it up to their guests.
I asked what would happen if it started pouring with rain. Their reply “we’d offer a refund or we’d swap their time out for an alternative time”.
In summary, due to safety, they can’t operate in the rain, however, they will ensure that you’re not out of pocket.
The Inflatable Factory event is currently on at:
Samford Parklands Netball Club
2124 Mount Samson Road, Samford Valley
Monday 2nd April – Sunday 15th April, 2018
9am – 4pm daily
Food and Drinks
The question on every parent’s mind as they arrive is…. “will there be coffee”. Yes. Yes there will, and here’s the menu.
There are several undercover seating areas for spectators to sit down, but most parents are up and down, checking on their kids, filming them, saying “wow… great job buddy, that’s really cool!”. You’ll be able to claim your little seating area for bags and shoes, ready to pop back and have a coffee as needed.
The facility has a clean male, female and disabled toilet block, just a 30 second walk up the hill.
- All participants will need to wear socks, if you forget to bring them on the day you can purchase them for $3
- For the adult spectators, don’t forget your sunglasses, for the kids, don’t forget their hats (preferably ones that won’t come off when jumping in a crazy fashion)
- If your child is sensitive to “rubber burn” PLUS they are an enthusiastic jumper, choose clothing accordingly (i.e. really light weight clothing for the heat, but as long as possible, particularly on the bottom half).
- Make a day of it and head to the “Store of Requirement” only 1.5km up the road! If you missed the prior news alert… Samford has a Harry Potter shop, full of amazing novelty items (just be aware that they close on a Monday and Tuesday!) Check out the Store of Requirement in Samford here:
I thoroughly recommend The Inflatable Factory at Samford… for a maximum price of $17 per child, for 2 hours of entertainment, you can’t go wrong!