Cooking with kids is great fun and so rewarding when you get to eat the tasty results. Here is an easy banana bread recipe by Holly Green from Healthy Mumma Healthy Bubba.
- 2 Cups Wholemeal Self-Raising Flour, sifted
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- ½ Cup Raw Sugar
- ½ Cup Milk (any Milk variety you desire)
- 2 x Free-Range Eggs, whisked
- 3 x Ripe Banana’s, mashed
- 3 tbsp Light Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Local/Raw Honey
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees (fan-forced).
- Into a mixing bowl add sifted flour, cinnamon & sugar.
- In another bowl mix milk, whisked eggs, mashed banana’s, oil & honey.
- Mix both bowls together.
- Place mixture into lightly greased loaf tin & bake for approx. 50-60 minutes (or until golden & skewer can be removed from centre clean).
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge, or freeze & thaw as desired.
Families Tip 1 – Enjoy chilled or toasted (served with a little Organic Unsalted Butter or Spread).
Families Tip 2 – Use cookie-cutters to cut cooked cake into fun shapes for the kids.
Date Bread Variation
Add an extra 1 tbsp Oil & an extra ¼ Cup Milk & Use approx. 1 Cup Fresh (Medjool) Dates, pitted & chopped (instead of mashed Banana)
Recipes & Photographs supplied by Healthy Mumma Healthy Bubba Cookbook & Wellbeing Guide for Toddlers (& Kids) www.healthybubba.com Download the FREE “Healthy Mumma Healthy Bubba” App from iTunes today!