Where are the best baby shops Toowoomba has to offer? Let’s find out!
Shopping for a baby is an important business!
From gorgeous wee newborn onesies to state-of-the-art prams, quirky nursery décor to timber toys, we’ve got you covered for baby shops Toowoomba.
Let’s go shopping for that tiny newborn!
3 Little Monkeys Toowoomba
Positioned in The Chronicle Arcade, 3 Little Monkeys sell local and international designed clothing, accessories, giftware and baby essentials. By far the most known baby shop in Toowoomba, 3 Little Monkeys specialise in quality childrenswear and baby goods, offered at affordable prices. Familiar names such as Aden Anais, Ergo, Pure Baby, Nuby, Oi Oi, PlayGro and teething favourite Sophie The Giraffe are all popular sellers at 3 Little Monkeys. Looking for Christening gowns, flower girl dresses or a special gift for a loved little one? Head to 3 Little Monkeys, open 6 days a week Monday to Saturday. Alternatively, you can browse the store’s online shop 24/7. Children’s boutique shopping at its best!
Address: Suite 8, The Chronicle Arcade, 191 Margaret Street, Toowoomba
Bub Mania Toowoomba – permanently closed
If you’re on the hunt for the perfect pram, cot or baby seat, head to Bub Mania. Bub Mania is Toowoomba’s newest baby shop. The specialty baby store opened its doors to the public on the 5 March 2016, and is already a hit with newbie parents. Browse Bubmania’s brand name baby products such as Australian made beautiful wooden Boori cots and change tables, road test the infamous Bugaboo pram and stock up on your Woombie sleep bags. By far the biggest range of specialty baby products in Toowoomba, Bub Mania offers you a one-stop-shop for all your parenting needs.
Address: Shop 12, Bernoth Centre, 663 Ruthven Street, South Toowoomba
Our Eco Babies Toowoomba
Our Eco Babies is an online baby shop based out of Newtown, Toowoomba. Think of Our Eco Babies as your go-to store for baby goods that are friendly to the environment. Babywearing has never been easier with Our Eco Babies, who stock baby wraps, ring slings and carriers including brand names Hug-a-bub, Emiebaby, Ellevill and Beachfront baby. Stock up on bath and skin care without all those unnecessary nasties, natural laundry products, teething necklaces, handmade toys, as well as eco nappies and wipes that are much kinder to the planet. By online with Our Eco Babies and you are not only supporting your local Toowoomba baby shop business, but you are also making consumer choices that are better for the environment.
Let us know what other baby shops Toowoomba has to offer!
Shopping for a baby? Here’s 10 tips to keep it simple!
Here we have listed top 10 things you need pay heed to before shopping for a baby.
- Comfort is the key: The most important thing to keep in mind while shopping for infants is comfort. Newborns have extremely sensitive skin and that might react to rough fabric. Make sure you buy clothes that are soft and breezy. If your baby is born during the colder months, opt for warmer clothes but don’t bundle them up with wool, since wool can be a little rough, instead layer them with a couple of warm clothes. When it comes to fabric go for cottons, fleece or blended fabrics that are absorbent and gentle on the skin
- Keep it simple: Don’t get carried away by the variety of clothes and dresses in children’s boutiques and stores. Rather opt for simple and comfortable clothes. Frills, ribbons and other decoration can irritate the child and cause rashes. Keep the clothes as simple and fuss free as possible. You will need to change your baby’s clothes several times during the course of the day, hence opt for clothes that are easy to take off and on. Avoid clothes with too many buttons and zips; opt for onesies and jumpers instead
- Keep the temperature in mind: Babies tend to feel cold easily. Even during monsoon or summer make sure your baby is wearing slightly warm yet comfortable clothes. If the weather is quite hot your best bet is cotton. During winters layer your baby in slightly warm clothes but not too many layers as it can cause overheating. The best thing to do is keep checking your baby at regular intervals. If your baby seems warm enough you could remove a layer or two
- The essentials: While assembling your newborn’s wardrobe make sure you stock up on several singlets. Singlets come in handy since kids tend to spit, barf and drool often. Buy some jumpsuits or onesies next since they are easier to slip on and off and also keep the baby warm. Stock up on some comfortable tops to slip on during the night. A couple of tops in blended fabric are perfect to primp up your tiny one for day outs and strolls. Invest in some cardigans and coats for colder days as well
- Quantity and size: Kids grow up fast so stocking up on many clothes is not a very good idea. You child will outgrow the clothes quickly and you might end up with a pile. It is better to stock up a few items and keep repurchasing as the child grows. Most shopkeepers will help you out while shopping when it comes to size. Even while shopping online there is an option where in you can select the appropriate age of the baby and they will show you clothes accordingly. Most newborns fit into size 00 clothes. A good practice is to buy clothes that are slightly bigger so that your baby is comfortable and relaxed
- Handle with care: Babies are delicate and you have to be extra gentle while handling them. While changing your baby’s clothes make sure you don’t tug and pullover clothes through their head. Instead pull the neck of the cloth and gently put it through. Make sure their ears and fingers don’t get caught in the clothes while changing. Similarly, while undressing your baby support your baby’s head and remove the clothes gently
- The dressing area: Dressing up newborns can be very tricky, at least in the first few weeks. Reserve a corner for changing. There are changing tables and mats easily available in the market. Invest in a good mat if not a table, this will be helpful in the long run. Arrange your baby’s clothes and necessary things neatly in a corner, so that you don’t scramble for anything last minute. Keep baby lotion and power as well, those always come in handy
- Other knick knacks: Other accessories you will need are some bibs and burp cloths so that you don’t ruin your baby’s clothes while feeding. Stock up on some diaper wipes as well, they are multi-purpose and you will find yourself reaching for them often. Also buy some wearable blankets since they are way better to swaddle your baby in than regular blankets. Other must have items are socks, booties, monkey caps, tiny hats and caps
- Swaddle them right: Swaddling is very important when it comes to infants. Not only does swaddling keep them warm and cosy but it also keeps the baby from being startled by his own reflexes. Use soft blankets to wrap your baby in, make sure the fabric is smooth yet warm. Do not swaddle the baby too tightly just make sure the baby is secure yet comfortable.
- Use easy to clean fabrics: Your baby will burp, spit-out and poop often. Make sure you use clothes that are easy to clean. Use fabric that don’t leave a stain and wash off the grim easily. For washing your baby’s clothes opt for antibacterial detergent made especially for baby clothes. They will clean the clothes thoroughly without making them rough and will also keep the clothes germ free.
Shopping for a newborn is an altogether new experience and you will be startled to see the range in baby clothes. Plenty of colours and varied fabrics will steal your heart, but remember that babies grow very fast and mostly do not need everything in the store. Make wise choices, though we’d say indulge in baby shopping once in a while.