What Is Velocity Trampoline Park Brisbane?
Velocity Trampoline Park is in indoor attraction located in North Lakes, Brisbane and is one of the newest indoor trampoline parks to open in the city. It’s official opening was Friday 15 August 2014.
We visited on Tuesday 12th August and our review is based on our pre-opening experience.
We took Miss 4, Miss 7, Master 7, Misses 15 and Mr 18 + 2 mummies (no comment on their ages!) 😉 I can say with absolute certainty that all of our kids covering all of those ages had an outstanding time for the hour that we were there! In fact, so much so that they did not want to leave at the end of our review!
Miss 4 said ‘It was super fun.’
Master 7 said ‘Awesome, awesome, awesome, do we have to go home?’
Miss 7 said ‘I really liked the foam pit.’
Our 15 year olds (Japanese students staying with us) said ‘very fun and exhausting!’
And 18 year old IT guy, Jesse, said ‘It’s great and I loved that I got to flip and dive… I’ll be back!’
Velocity’s Marketing Manager told us that their capacity is 105 jumpers and whilst they allow jumpers from 3+ years old, their target audience is more 6 – 25 year old.
They intend of running fitness classes there also and are currently hiring!
Velocity Trampoline Park is an incredible amount of fun for all ages! With over 1800m2 of jumping surface, a 3 lane foam pit, dual dodgeball courts, 3 basketball slam dunk lanes and more than 550m2 of main court space. Another attraction Velocity offers is a bouldering wall! At Velocity there is something on offer for everyone, whether it’s access to their free Wi-Fi service, or taking advantage of the food and drink they have available. Velocity Park also caters for birthday parties, group bookings, corporate events and fundraisers. The more people you bring, the bigger the discounts! (Applicable to groups of over 10 people)
All jumpers must complete the Velocity Park waiver before jumping. Participants under the age of 18 must have a waiver signed by a parent or legal guardian.
General information about Velocity Park Brisbane
- Like most trampoline parks, they recommend you arrive 15 minutes prior to the start of your session. This will allow time for putting your bags somewhere and getting yourself ready. This was you can enjoy your full hour of fun!
- It’s great for your heart
- It’s an efficient and easy way of exercising
- It’s easy on your joints
- It helps you build strong bones
- It builds strong muscles
- It helps with co-ordination
- It’s good for relieving stress and boosting your mood
- It helps to tone your body
- It can assist you in losing weight
- It helps your lymphatic system to do its job
- It improves energy levels
- You must have a signed waiver before jumping
- If you are under 18 years old a parent must sign the waiver
- Safety instructions or directives from staff members must be followed
- Pockets must be empty – including mobile phones!
- Glasses are recommended to be removed when entering a foam pit
- All jumpers must wear Velocity Park grip socks
- No lying down or sitting on trampolines
- Do not grab, hang from or hold onto any safety pads or safety netting
- Do not jump close to others and absolutely NO DOUBLE BOUNCING
- No wrestling, racing, tackling, shoving or general rough play
- Step slowly and safely on and off trampolines
- Do not operate mobile phones, cameras, or similar equipment on trampolines
- No chewing gum whilst in Velocity Park
2 Dodgeball arena’s are available for use, within which you can jump around on the trampolines and play with your mates! Don’t aim for any head shots though! 😉
- No headshots while playing dodgeball
- Do not kick the dodgeball
- Maximum 8 players per side
- The referee’s decision is final
- You’re out if: you’re hit by a ‘live’ ball, you throw a ‘live’ ball and it is caught directly by an opposing player, you hit someone in the head, you enter or cross the neutral zone, you hold a ball for longer than 10 seconds
- When out you must exit the court and wait for the next game
- Games are to be played in a spirit of fun and fairness
The Slamball arena features three hoops of varying height, for all different skill levels. Run up and do your best to reach the hoop and slam it down like Michael Jordan!
- No hanging off hoop, backboard, or support bars.
- Only one person on a trampoline at a time
- Only attempt tricks, slam-dunks etc within your skill level
The bouldering wall will test your skills, stamina, strength and balance! One you climb to the top, simply push off lightly and fall safely into a pit of foam cubes.
- Only 1 person per wall (2 max at a time) for maximum safety.
- Do not jump from the outside into the bouldering wall foam pit
The Foam Pit is perfect for doing a flip and landing safely. So you don’t have to worry about if you don’t perfectly land on your feet, because there is a soft landing awaiting you wherever you fall in the Pit. The Foam has 3 lanes, where the centre lane is used for a rope swing into the pit! This one is perfect for the littler jumpers.
Birthday Parties Velocity
The Kapow, Zoom and Zap Party Plans cater for groups of 10 to 30 jumpers and include the use of 1 of 3 dedicated private party rooms! A party booking at Velocity Park includes:
- One hour of jump time with hosted activities if desired
- Velocity Park socks
- 30 minutes exclusive use of a Velocity Party Room
- A dedicated party host
- Food and Drinks – see Parties section for menus you supply the birthday cake! (No cream filled or cream iced cakes please)
- You are welcome to supply the birthday cake! We can refrigerate your cake on the day of the party.
- ‘Thank You’ bags for guests with sweets and voucher
Velocity does provide invitations if you require them. They will post them to you or they can be picked up after your booking is confirmed. In addition to the previous, Velocity offers a range of add-on options, including:
- Party Bags
- Lolly Bowls
- Potato Crisps
- Sandwich platter
- Fruit platter
- Ice Cream Cake
Contact Velocity for information on pricing. Please Note: A $100.00 deposit is required at time of booking with the balance due 7 days prior to your booked session.
If you bring a sizeable group to Velocity, that is, 10 or more people. You are eligible for discounts! For the exact rates, send Velocity an email at email@example.com.
Monday-Thursday 10am – 9pm Friday 10am – 11pm Saturday 9am – 11pm Sunday 10am – 5pm
Sessions may be booked every hour, on the hour, during usual opening hours. Usual session length is 1 hour. A second hour may be purchased at time of booking, at a discounted rate.
1 Hour Jump Session
General Admission (includes Velocity Grip Socks) $17.50 General Admission (own Velocity Grip Socks) $15.50 Velocity Kids (ages 3-5yo) $10.50
2 Hour Jump Session
General Admission (includes Velocity Grip Socks) $29.50 General Admission (own Velocity Grip Socks) $27.50 Velocity Kids (ages 3-5yo) $18.50