Where is Toowong Library?
Toowong Library is located at Toowong Village Shopping Centre, which is at 9 Sherwood Road, Toowong. You can contact them on (07) 3403 2590.
Toowong Library Facilities & Resources
The facilities at Toowong Library include: after-hours chute, photocopier, toilet, wheelchair accessible, wi-fi and word processing. They also have a meeting room available for hire which has the capacity to seat 30 people.
Activities for children at Toowong Library
Toowong Library is a great place for children. They hold many activities, performances, workshops and classes for children, especially during the school holidays. You may need to book into the holiday sessions. Some of the regular activities for children they hold include:
- Children’s Storytime; experience the magic of storytime with your child at the library. This interactive session includes stories, songs and creative early literacy experiences for children. Ideal for children aged 2-5 years. No bookings required.
- First 5 Forever Toddler Time; meet other parents and toddlers for a fun session of singing, clapping and dancing. Learn action rhymes and songs which will help your child’s pre-literacy, communication, language and social skills. Ideal for babies and toddlers aged 1-3 years. The First 5 Forever initiative is funded by the Queensland Government. No bookings are required.
- First 5 Forever babies, books and rhymes; Meet other parents and babies for a fun session of singing, clapping and dancing. Learn songs and action rhymes to nurture your baby’s pre-literacy, communication, language and social skills. Ideal for babies aged up to one year. No bookings are required.
- There is also a variety of activities and workshops for adults on a range of topics.
You can find dates and times on the Brisbane City Council Website.
Opening Times & Access
- Closed on public holidays
- Monday to Wednesday and Friday: 9am-5.30pm
- Thursday: 9am-8pm
- Saturday: 9am-4pm
- Sunday: closed
You can find more information about Toowong Library here.