Sunnybank Hills Library has Books, Games & Activities for Families
Where is Sunnybank Hills Library?
Sunnybank Hills Library is located at Sunnybank Hills Shopping Town which is on corner of Compton and Calam Roads, Sunnybank Hills. You can contact them on (07) 3407 0571.
Sunnybank Hills Library Facilities & Resources
The facilities at Sunnybank Hills Library include: a display television, colour printing, photocopier, study rooms, wheelchair accessible, wi-fi, scanner, toilet and word processing. They also have a meeting room that can be hired with the capacity of up to 50 people. There is a selection of books available in Chinese.
Activities for children at Sunnybank Hills Library
The library welcomes families. During the school holidays they add extra activities and performances which are free or low cost and you may need to book in for them.
- First 5 Forever toddler time; meet other parents and toddlers for a fun session of singing, clapping and dancing. Learn action rhymes and songs which will help your child’s pre-literacy, communication, language and social skills. Ideal for babies and toddlers aged 1-3 years. The First 5 Forever initiative is funded by the Queensland Government. This event is free and no bookings are required.
- Babies, Books and Rhymes; a fun session of singing, clapping and dancing. Learn songs and action rhymes to nurture your baby’s pre-literacy, communication, language and social skills. Ideal for babies aged up to two years. This event is free and no bookings are required.
- Children’s Storytime; experience the magic of storytime with your child at the library. This interactive session includes stories, songs and creative early literacy experiences for children. Ideal for children aged 2-5 years. This event is free and no bookings are required.
- Children’s Storytime (Mandarin): Community-led stories and activities for Mandarin-speaking families. Ideal for children aged 2-5 years.
- There is also a variety of activities and workshops for adults
Check the Brisbane City Council website for days and times.
Opening Times & Access
- Closed on public holidays
- Monday to Wednesday and Friday: 9am-6pm
- Thursday: 9am-8pm
- Saturday: 9am-4pm
- Sunday: Closed
You can find our more information on Sunnybank Hills Library here.
Other things to do in Sunnybank
We love Yugarapul Park in Sunnybank… it is a 10 minute drive from the library and definitely worth a visit with your little ones! Let us know if you love it too in comments!