Are You a Tired Mum? 7 Sure Fire Ways to Fix It!
Are You a Tired Mum? Here are 7 Sure Fire Ways to Fix It!
Don’t get overwhelmed with life and everything you think you must achieve before midday; this is a sure way to end up a tired mum!
There are several things you can do to help boost your energy levels and put that spring back into your step. Many women, mums in particular, tend to get annoyed and easily irritated when they aren’t feeling their best but there are things you can do to fix this.
Energy boosting ideas
Whether you have one child or four, the amount of tasks you are required to achieve in the very few hours of the day are incredible. From shopping, cooking, cleaning, feeding, more cleaning and washing; there is no time for rest or sleeping so you need to think outside the box and try these energy boosting tips.
- Eat breakfast – You ensure your children start the day right by having a filling breakfast; the same rules apply to you! If you don’t get that energy first thing in your morning your day is only going to decline as you run low on brain power.
- Drink water – Lack of water causes dehydration. Even minor thirst can cause your body to become more tired and lethargic. Get that cold glass of water into you and you will instantly feel more energised.
- Get moving – You hear it all the time, make sure you get your 30 minutes of exercise. That is great in theory but you also know it isn’t always practical to squeeze in a session at the gym. This is where taking advantage of smaller time periods during the cooking of dinner or last few minutes of the washing machine cycle can really be used to your advantage; get down and give me 20!
- Let the light in – If your blinds are closed, open them! By letting through the natural light your mood and energy levels will immediately improve.
- Laugh – Get online for 10 minutes and watch funny videos. Invite the kids in to watch as well because laughter and smiling reignites your endorphins which can only be a good thing!
- Snack right – By choosing snacks such as an orange or apple, that are full of healthy sugars and avoiding a packet of chips or biscuits; you will feel revitalised and replenished.
- Bedtime – Your children have a bedtime because you know that consistent hours of sleep is vital for their body to re-boost energy so it only makes sense that it would do the same for you! Go to bed at a reasonable hour on a regular basis and you will notice the improvement.
Mums need a break once in a while to lift their vitality and pep up their mood. This is perfectly normal. For a comprehensive list of ways you can improve your fatigue click here. By taking time out to recharge, even 15 minutes, it will give you and your children the real time together that they deserve and thrive on.
A tired mum is a drained mum. Take these ideas into consideration the next time you feel less than energised, they will change your way of thinking and benefit you on a daily basis.