Walking Water Science Experiment for Kids
The Walking Water science experiment is a wonderful colourful and fun way to teach kids about absorption and mixing primary colours.
Things you will need:
- 7 clear plastic cups
- paper towel
- teaspoon to stir
- food colouring: red, blue, yellow
What You Need to Do:
1) Line up the 7 cups filling every second cup with water
2) Drop food colouring into the cups as follows: both end cups red, one middle cup blue, one middle cup yellow.
4) Fold the paper towel square in half and then in half again – do this for 6 paper squares
5) Carefully place the paper towel in each cup – one end in water, one end in the empty cup
6) Wait for about 2 – 3 hours
7) When you return you will see the water has ‘walked’ over the bridges into the empty cups to form new blended colours
Watch our video to see the details of how to do this – click on the image: