The Walking Water science experiment is a wonderful colourful and fun way to teach kids about absorption and mixing primary colours.
Things you will need:
- 7 clear plastic cups
- paper towel
- teaspoon to stir
- food colouring: red, blue, yellow
What You Need to Do:
1) Line up the 7 cups filling every second cup with water
2) Drop food colouring into the cups as follows: both end cups red, one middle cup blue, one middle cup yellow.
4) Fold the paper towel square in half and then in half again – do this for 6 paper squares
5) Carefully place the paper towel in each cup – one end in water, one end in the empty cup
6) Wait for about 2 – 3 hours
7) When you return you will see the water has ‘walked’ over the bridges into the empty cups to form new blended colours