Mould solutions that REALLY work.
Mould is not your best friend but mould solutions can be! I know this, you know this, EVERYBODY knows mould is just one of those annoyances in life – like losing the other sock or the lid to your tupperware. It grows everywhere and no matter how much you spray it, it always comes back with a vengeance. But did you know that spraying it with bleach is half the reason it actually comes back worse!? Probably not.
Continue to read and you will learn the mastery of mould. You must be patient with the treatment, but at least you won’t have to regrout your bathtub.
Ridding your bathroom of continuous moisture is your best weapon against mould growth. I know it’s hard, but squeegeeing the shower when the last person is finished will save you money, hassle and your health. Mould grows roots. Spraying “mould killer”, essentially bleach, actually holds moisture at the roots (who would of guessed!?) and that’s why it comes back so quickly.
Once you’ve got the dry shower part sorted, it’s time to get down to business!
Excellent no-toxic mould solutions
- Put ½ teaspoon of 100% clove oil into a litre of water in a spray bottle
- Spray the solution on the mouldy areas and leave overnight.
- Rinse off the next morning and wait for the shower to dry again.
- With a cotton bud, apply some hydrogen peroxide to the mould stain (the mould will be dead but the stain will remain.) Be careful and always do a test patch, as peroxide is a bleaching type agent. It is natural, however, it is still a strong product. Allow to dry and rinse.
- Repeat this process a few times and your mould should be under control!
DISCLAIMER: I do recognise that sometimes mould can be beyond the point of no return. Unfortunately sometimes you will have to re-silicone showers and sinks when the mould has gone too far but occasionally, bleach can be effective for the stain but only in conjunction with the clove oil spray. If you do decide to bleach – use it in between clove treatments. This will remove the stubborn stain and ensure the mould doesn’t get any worse.