5 Minute Halloween Craft Pom Pom Tarantula
Looking for a cute and easy Halloween craft idea? Look no further than these little guys that you can hang from your letter box or on the front door on Halloween night to let your neighbourhood know your house is Halloween friendly.
No pom pom maker no worries. I used a salad server to make these pom poms. You can use any large fork or salad server. The pom pom making method is exactly the same as in this video. So let’s get started …
Halloween Craft Pom Pom Tarantula
You will need:
- Black yarn
- 4 pipe cleaners in various colours (I used brown, orange and black)
- Sharp scissors
- Goggly eyes
- Hot glue gun
- Salad server or large fork
- Wrap the yarn around the salad server approx 100 times
- Make sure to leave a little room top and bottom so that you can tie a knot around it
- Tie of the pom pom using a tight knot. Don’t worry that the knot is not exactly centred, one end will be the head and the other the body
- Slide the yarn off the salad servers and cut through the loops at either end. No need to tidy up the pom pom, the messier the better
- Tie four pipe cleaners around the pom pom to make eight spider legs
- Using the hot glue with parental supervision of course, attach the googly eyes to the front of the pom pom
- Tie some extra black yarn around the spiders waist if you want to hang them
RELATED: Here is our kids guide to the real meaning of Halloween.
The nitty gritty:
- Takes about five minutes to make one spider
- Use all different size forks to make bigger and smaller spiders
- Ask a parent or guardian to assist with the glue gun
RELATED: We love these Funny Halloween Jokes and think you will too!