What’s Happening on the Gold Coast for School Holidays?
School holidays are HERE and there’s not a single reason to suffer through the painful moans of the ‘I’m bored’ Brigade when there is so much on offer right here on the Gold Coast. Some of it won’t even cost you a penny. Now how cool is that?
As well as the tours that have rolled into town (think: Circus, Panto, LEGO and more) local groups and businesses have all rallied to bring the fun to various locations on the coast as part of the Gold Coast City Council’s Active & Healthy Winter Holiday Program.
What’s on during Gold Coast School Holidays?
The calendar is absolutely bursting with free and low cost activities to both entertain the kids while keeping them active and learning.
- Bonogin Valley Horse Riding Retreat is offering ‘Horse Play Days’ throughout the holidays. These days are for beginners aged from seven to 14 years old and are the best introduction to horses and horse riding.
- Healthy Grubz will have your kids cooking dinner for the whole family after they take part in one of their fun, hands-on workshops where kids from aged four to 12 will learn how to create and make yummy recipes.
- Have a Go Circus and Circus Arts Gold Coast will give your kids the chance to try their hands at juggling, acrobatics, hula hooping, trapeze and more at various locations on the coast.
- Sparky Do Dah is all about fun, and he’ll have your mini Olympians beginning their journey with mini-versions of all of the sports on offer at next year’s Commonwealth games. He’s also running ‘Nature Play’ workshops for kids who want to explore the great outdoors.
- Kids can bend and stretch as they learn all about yoga with school holiday classes for kids and parents alike at Fire Shaper Yoga, and Zen Soul Life Yoga
- For little ones who’s like to learn how to tie-dye, there’s colourful fun to be had with Aspiral Design’s spiral workshops throughout the holidays.
- Terrain Training is running Ninja Warrior Courses, and there’s ‘Boot Camps’ a’plenty happening for kids who want to test their fitness at multiple locations up and down the coast.
- Budding Marine Biologists can join in the fun with CoastEd as they embark on a field study to the rocky shores and dunes and get their hands dirty while learning from trained marine biologists.
- Bazil Grumble will turn your kids in Jack Sparrow with his Pirate Workshops in Upper Coomera.
- The Lindy Charm School For Girls is running workshops on grooming, hair and make-up, good and manners, postures and posing with a focus on good body image and confidence.
Of course, these are just a few of the activities on offer, you can see the full program below.
>> Click through to see the full Active & Healthy Winter Holiday Program including dates and locations here.
Save on Gold Coast Parking These Holidays
Our pals at Secure Parking want you to get out and about these school holidays. Locals and holiday makers alike can use this code online to get mega-cheap parking at two spots on the coast these school holidays: FAMWINT17
Online booking is always cheaper than drive-up, so with a bit of planning and by using this code – which will give you 25% off the online booking price – you will save a tonne.
Tours and Shows on the Gold Coast for School Holidays
These holidays the Gold Coast plays host to circus performers, Captain Hook, a couple of lions and Australia’s only certified LEGO builder … let’s check out who you can see.
The Adventures of Peter Pan and TinkerBell in Return to Pantoland at The Arts Centre
This winter you will be flying high as Bonnie Lythgoe Productions, Australia’s biggest family musical panto producer, and The Arts Centre Gold Coast stage one of the most magical musical pantos of them all The Adventures of Peter Pan and TinkerBell.
Gold Coast Editor, Rebel Wylie took her kids to check out the action, here’s what she thought:
“What a great thing to do as a family. I was a bit worried about the three-year-old in a theatre, but we were told at the very beginning that the kids could make as much noise as they liked … and they did! It was brilliant, so interactive with tonnes of audience participation. The kids were in awe as the cast members flew across the stage. And those silly pirates … just incredible.
“We had grins and giggles on our faces the entire way through. And the production: A+. So colourful and vibrant. I loved that the kids knew some of the songs and sang along gleefully at top lung. I think we’ll definitely be back for more before this season is over.
“I would highly recommend grabbing tickets before they fly out (just like Peter Pan!)”
Ryan McNaught’s Brickman Experience Gold Coast
Ryan McNaught is Australia’s only certified LEGO® builder. How’s THAT for a job?
Ryan McNaught’s Brickman Experience – an exhibition made from over 5 million LEGO® bricks – including Australia’s tallest LEGO® brick model and the largest touring exhibition of its kind in the Southern Hemisphere – runs for 15 days over the School Holidays from 24 June until 9 July 2017.
For all the budding brickies who are feeling awe-inspired by Ryan’s work, the specially designed interactive master builder zones will give visitors the opportunity to build their own LEGO® creations.
Open daily. Booking is advisable. Tickets on sale now from Ticketek bit.ly/BrickmanExp
Circus of Illusion
Roll up! Roll up! Step right this way and escape into an other-worldly fantasy under the big top for a truly magical experience… where circus and illusion fuse into a show of whimsical wonder and pure dramatic spectacle!
Circus of Illusion brings together a talented troupe of world-class performers from across the globe to thrillingly entertain with 2 hours of mystery and mayhem. A colourful parade of top circus artists, clowns, jugglers, mimes, magicians and illusionists to keep you on the edge of your seat and leave you totally amazed and mesmerised.
Circus of Illusion is captivating and enthralling entertainment for adults and kids of all ages! Presented in a fully seated, heated big top with walkup magical experiences including the Museum of Magical Arts, Magic Workshops and a Magic Store where kids can learn magic.
Don’t miss Circus of Illusion – a truly magical experience.
The Lions have come to Dreamworld!
You can officially come face to face with Dreamworld’s newest visitors – two-year-old white lion brothers Holden and Kimba.
The pair have travelled from Altina Wildlife Park in NSW to the warmer weathers of the Gold Coast where they will spend two weeks at Tiger Island.
And don’t forget to visit our favourites …
There’s always plenty of fun in Surfers Paradise. Use our parking code above and head into fun at: