Clifton Library has Books, Games & Activities for Families
Where is Clifton Library?
Clifton Library is located in Meara Place, Clifton. You can contact them on (07) 4697 4223.
Clifton Library Facilities & Resources
The facilities at Clifton Library include – offering free access to books, music, movies, magazines, internet, eResources, online learning and more. There is an after hours chute to return borrowed items at your convenience. There is a meeting room available free of charge for non-profit community groups based in the community for the purpose of community related events and activities. Night meetings are free of charge if a staff member is present, otherwise a opening fee is applicable. It is available Tuesday – Saturday during library hours.
Activities for children at Clifton Library
There are many activities and events available for you and your family, here are just a few that might be on offer;
- Storytime – These sessions are aimed at 2 – 5 year olds, although all ages are welcome. They are fun and relaxed sessions designed to give children a positive start to reading. The sessions at Cecil Plains Library are on the first Friday of each month from 10.30am during term time only.
- First 5 Forever: Baby Rhyme Time and StoryTime Babies and young children learn best by listening and interacting with the important adults in their lives during everyday activities – whether that’s talking about what you can see on the way to the park, singing nursery rhymes, pointing out something you both view out the window, or learning new words while shopping for groceries. Free Baby Time and Story Time sessions are now being run at various locations throughout Toowoomba. First 5 Forever is an initiative of the Queensland Government and the State Library of Queensland.
- During the school holidays, there are often extra workshops and performances for the children.
- They also have a variety of workshops on a wide variety of topics for adults as well.
Please check the Toowoomba Region website for details and times.
Opening Time & Access
- Monday CLOSED
- Tuesday to Friday 10am to 1pm and 2pm to 5pm
- Saturday 9am to 12pm
- Sunday CLOSED
You can find more information on Clifton Library here.