Caboolture Historical Village | Living history and family adventure
Caboolture Historical Village is a premium family destination that has entertained and entranced QLD children for generations. When will your family be making their visit?
Caboolture Historical Village | North of Brisbane for Family Fun
This is the number one destination in the region and it’s at the top of the list for school excursions. Hundreds upon hundreds of school groups can’t be wrong! Caboolture has a lot to offer young minds (and slightly older ones) seeking to immerse themselves in history! But there’s no need to wait until it pops up on the curriculum – invest some time in learning and take your own children today.
What attractions are at Caboolture Historical Village?
Your children will get a chance to experience the following:
- Over 70 historical buildings
- 110,000 in context museum pieces (moments from history that can be seen inside the village)
- Post office, barber, butcher, general store
- Items from the Prison Museum
- Items from the Old Caboolture Hospital
- Items from the Old Caboolture Railway Station
- Model ships representing the First Fleet
- The Feather Club Museum
- The Military Museum
- A memorial to animals and birds lost in the course of war
- Re-enactments by Caboolture Historical Village players
- Gem club (tumbling and sieving)
- Washing duties in the old laundry
- Blacksmithery and printing displays
What are the entry costs?
Children (5 to 12 years): $5.00
Children under 5 years: Free entry
Caboolture Historical Village is open every day of the year from 9am to 4pm. (Not open Good Friday or Christmas Day)
There are toilet and public restroom facilities at Caboolture Historical Village.
Patrons are encouraged to bring their own food and drink. There are plenty of tables and areas to lay down a picnic blanket. You will be expected to be responsible and dispose of your own rubbish thoughtfully.
How do we get there?
You’ll find Caboolture Historical Village at 280 Beerburrum Road, Caboolture.
You can phone ahead on (07) 5495 4581.
Make it count
If you visit the Caboolture Historical Village website you’ll find links to curriculum documents and activity sheets. You might want to see how you can use or adapt these for your visit with your own family.
Enjoy this beautiful slice of living history!