AquaSplash – incredible outdoor fun in the water for your family!
AquaSplash is THE destination for active, energetic families with school-aged children who can swim. Have you been yet?
What is AquaSplash?
Head to Marine Parade at Southport Broadwater Parklands on the Gold Coast to find AquaSplash – an open-water fun park.
AquaSplash caters for patrons aged 5 and up. This is an outdoor course that uses a series of inflatables to create challenges, slides and cushions to help you get air-borne.
There are different sessions running all day (9am-5pm, with the last session starting at 4pm) so you’re never too crowded. Trained lifeguards make sure everyone is safe and having fun during the session. This is an incredibly fun, high energy activity – parents be warned, you might be feeling your age after this one.
What kinds of activities are there at AquaSplash?
The weather might always be warm at the Gold Coast but the water around AquaSplash is fine! Swim out to the course from the beach and you’ll find …
- Buoys to climb up and balance on
- Walking platforms floating on the water to test your balance
- Climbing frames
- Launch pads
- Monkey bars
There are shaded viewing areas from the beach where you’re bound to have plenty of laughs watching your family members flip, slide, fly and fall to their hearts’ content!
What are the costs?
It’s $13 for kids aged 5-9 and $16 for everyone else. Prices are firm.
Is there anything that I should be wary of?
- Be very conscious of the minimum age of 5. Some families in the past have gone with younger kids only to be disappointed. For obvious health and safety reasons younger children CANNOT participate in this activity. There is just too much risk.
- These courses require a certain amount of upper body strength as you need to continually pull yourself up out of the water. If this is an issue for you, or if someone in your group has physical needs that will make this too difficult, perhaps consider an alternative activity.
- The obvious sun safety message – hats, suncream, sunglasses, rash shirts. This activity is out in the full sun and there is no shade (apart from the viewing area on the beach).
- Sessions do not need to be pre-booked but run on the hour – get there a half hour early.
- Sometimes sections of the course will be closed for maintenance or safety reasons. Make sure everyone in your group is aware of the closed areas before swimming out to the course.
Make a splash at AquaSplash!
The morning or afternoon is prime time for families to enjoy AquaSplash. This is an energetic, exciting and memorable way to spend some family time together. Just make sure there’s time for mum and dad to have a lay down afterwards.