Easy Zucchini and Bacon Slice Recipe – Cooking with Kids
Easy Zucchini and Bacon Slice Recipe
Cooking with kids is great fun and so rewarding when you get to eat the tasty results.
Here is an easy zucchini and bacon slice recipe by Holly Green from Healthy Mumma Healthy Bubba
6 x Large Free-Range Eggs, whisked
½ Cup Natural/Greek Yoghurt
½ Cup Milk (any Milk variety you desire)
¾ Cup Grated Cheese
2 x Small Zucchini’s, grated (or 1-1 ½ Large Zucchini’s, grated)
1 x Brown Onion, finely diced
1 x Carrot, grated
8 x Short-Cut Bacon Rashers (fat & skin removed), finely chopped
¾ Cup Wholemeal Self-Raising Flour, sifted
(or ½ Cup Cooked Brown Rice)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees (fan-forced).
- Sift Flour into a mixing bowl (add wholemeal husks caught in sifter). Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk Eggs. Add Natural Yoghurt & Milk, stir through.
- To this bowl add grated Cheese, grated Zucchini, Onion, Carrot & chopped Bacon.
- Then fold dry mixture into wet mixture (note: consistency should be like a “thick” cake or muffin mixture – not too runny).
- Lightly grease a large glass/pyrex baking dish (we use 2.8L).
- Place mixture into dish & bake for approx. 45-55 minutes (or until golden & skewer can be removed from centre clean).
- Cut into portions before serving with a fresh salad or steamed Veggies.
Variations: Try *Steamed or baked vegetables (leftovers like baked Pumpkin with steamed Cauliflower & Broccoli works well) *Roasted Capsicum, Baby Spinach Leaves & Fetta
*Sliced/Diced Ham & chopped Tomato (for a lighter lunch-time flavour).
*Tip! Freezes well.
*Tip! You can peel the green skin off your Zucchini (before grating) if you want to completely disguise this Veggie!
Recipes & Photographs supplied by Healthy Mumma Healthy Bubba Cookbook & Wellbeing Guide for Toddlers (& Kids) www.healthybubba.com Download the FREE “Healthy Mumma Healthy Bubba” App from iTunes today!