Sherwood Community Festival
Sherwood Community Festival 2019 for Families in Brisbane
The Sherwood Community Festival is a not-for-profit family-friendly event, organised entirely by a team of volunteers who give their time willingly to make it happen. And, thanks to the support of the Brisbane City Council and local businesses, and to the hard work of the organisers, this event is free – a gift to the community.
Family Friendly Brisbane Festival November 15th, 2019
The family festival packs a punch with plenty of attractions for the whole family. There will be FREE activities from 5.30pm – 9.30pm:
- face painting
- Supa Swings …10 seater swing ride for ages 3 to early teens
- Mad Hatter’s cup n saucer ride….platform ride with 6 spinning cups for all ages
- rockwall – 24 foot wall with 4 different climbs – weight range 20 to 110kg’s
- jumping ‘tiger castle’….7.1m x 6m castle for all ages
- jungle safari slide castle…7m x 3m castle just for ages 2 to 7 years
- laser tag x 12…great interactive game for ages 5 and up
- an animal petting farm
- super slide…80 foot slide with 3 lanes…fun for the whole family
Please note – road closures will be in place from 4.30pm onwards
What’s a festival without live entertainment?
The live entertainment includes:
- Skipping exhibition
- Choir performance
- Live school bands
- Live music entertainers
- Fitness displays
- Tae Kwan Do
- Nativity Play
- And many more!
And there are chances to win great prizes!
This year, to celebrate its 22nd year, revellers are encouraged to participate in the raffle with some amazing prizes. It really is a night of great family fun.
When is the Sherwood Community Festival held?
When: November 15 from 5.30 pm until 9.30 pm.
Where: Sherwood Road, between Oxley Road and Hedges Street, Sherwood.
Getting there: The Sherwood train station is right at the end of the street, plus there is plenty of street parking in the surrounding area.
Cost: Free entry! Some aspects will require payment.