Locals call it ‘The Pirate Park’ and it’s an established hotspot for parents of the Gold Coast. A good sign and a tip for players, on the weekends it’s full of kids parties and families on day trips, there is much on offer so fills up quickly.
What you’ll find at The Pirate Park and Dune Café in Currumbin
The family friendly Palm Beach Parklands offers an array of activities for families throughout the week and over the weekend. There are beaches, calm water swimming, a large oval, shady trees and picnic tables in addition to the Dune Café.
This popular spot provides coffee for deserving parents, ice creams for the kids and a breakfast and lunch menu that is sure to please every family member. Plus, it’s setup for family dining so is roomy, comfortable, has great service and even a little play area for the youngsters.
The Palm Beach Parklands has it going on
The list is quite long for what’s on offer at The Palm Beach Parklands. There is always an array of events on in the parklands, mostly in summer, which attract good size family crowds.
From live music, to open air movies and endless activities for the kids, this parkland attracts families from all over the Gold Coast for the initiatives that are being invested into the area. Aside from the organised activities, patrons can also:
- Swim in the still water cover
- Play on the sand
- Take a stroll around the path on Tarrabora Reserve. An easy, flat walk for all ages along a well maintained cement path. You’ll enjoy the shady pathway, see scrub turkey’s tending to their nests and enjoy the salty air as you walk the 30 minute return track.
- Play in the Pirate Ship
- Enjoy a picnic on one of the many shady tables and chairs that surround the playground
- Take a walk along the cement path up to the entrance to the dog friendly beach
- Enjoy coffee, breakfast or lunch at the famous Dune Café
- There are lots of things you can do at these parklands, a great spot for a whole day outing or just an afternoon walk
What’s on for families at the Palm Beach Parklands and Dune Café?
It’s easy to understand why the carparks of Palm Beach Parklands are, on most days, full early. Palm Beach Parklands provides a great range of areas and events that make it popular with families. From the playground to the Dune Café, walking tracks and beach this spot is absolutely worth checking out, there’s a good chance it’ll become a family favourite.
- Parking fills up quickly in front of the Palm Beach Parklands, but additional parking is found alongside the highway and opposite in the road running parallel to the PBC High school
- Dogs are welcome but must stay in the zoned dog areas – there is park and ample beach to walk your dog and it’s a very popular for a whole family outing location
- The Palm Beach Parklands is popular for birthday parties on the weekend, so you need to arrive early if you would like to score a picnic table for the day
- There are two sets of restrooms and fresh water showers available