Ok – so it is strange times we are living in. With all the closures many have lost their jobs. But there are some jobs in Australia on offer, right now.
We have compiled a list of all the jobs in Australia, and links to apply for them.
Coles are looking for:
- 2000 staff in Queensland and 5000 across Australia
- Shelf stackers, entry level customers service required
Aldi is another grocery store hiring.
- They are looking for staff across their entries Australian network
Apply at www.aldicareers.com.au/jobs
Woolworths are also looking for people.
Apply here: www.wowcareers.com.au/jobs
Drakes Distribution Centre
Drakes are looking for staff across Queensland and South Australia.
- Queensland – Brisbane
- Queensland – Central
- Queensland – Gold Coast
- Queensland – Regional
- South Australia – Central Adelaide
- South Australia – Northern Adelaide
- South Australia – Regional
Find out more and apply here: www.drakes.com.au/careers
BHP are also looking for 1000 staff in Queensland and 1500 across Australia. Jobs include:
- machinery and production operators (multiple positions)
- truck and ancillary equipment drivers (multiple)
- excavator operators (multiple)
- diesel mechanics (multiple)
- boilermakers (multiple)
- trades assistants (multiple)
- electricians (multiple)
- cleaners (multiple)
- warehousing (multiple).
QLD Ambulance Service
Qld Ambulance Service are recruiting:
- 30 Emergency Medical Dispatchers to assist in answering triple-0 calls and dispatchers to prioritise and allocate resources.
You could apply with the bank
- The bank needs 500 new staff members
Telstra are looking for staff:
- 300 staff in Queensland – 100 staff in Townsville call centre and 200 in Brisbane
Apply at http://telstra.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/telstra_careers (link is slow due to volume of traffic in the meantime try their here: https://careers.telstra.com/home )
This is the Federal Government looking for team members.
- They are expecting to take on 5000 more Centrelink workers to handle the flood of unemployment applications
Apply at servicesaustraliacareers.nga.net.au
They are bolstering their capacity and hiring staff across the fields of medical, nursing and midwifery, allied health, administrative support, operational and dental to support the Governments response to the current times.
- There will be many jobs created
The Queensland Government are creating jobs across a range of sectors. These are advertised on their government website and LinkedIn:
- Department of Communities Disabilities Services & Seniors in Oxley, Nundah, Ipswich, Toowoomba
- Pharmacy assistants
- Primary Care Administration Officers
- Social Workers
Apply at smartjobs.qld.gov.au
The Federal Health Department is looking for staff with qualifications in public health, epidemiology, data analysis, laboratories, emergency management and communications.
- Services Officers in Services Australia
- Service Delivery Officers for ATO
- Staff to work on the response to the current crisis.
Apply at www.apsjobs.gov.au/s
Opportunities in agriculture
National Harvest Labour Information Service. Call the hotline 1800 062 332.
Later in the year we will update our Christmas Casuals job article too!
How to apply for Centrelink support
If none of those options work out for you, here is a good explainer on how to apply for Centrelink support.