Horse riding Brisbane style? We’ve got the best list of options below.
Top spots to try horse riding in Brisbane
Riding a horse can be an amazing experience for children, whether they take lessons or just spend an afternoon on the trail in the countryside. Exercise without realising they’re exercising, care of another being as well as giving them confidence and teaching respect for other animals, people and property are all powerful reasons to listen when your children ask for a horse.
But if a horse isn’t in the budget right now, here’s a list of horse riding Brisbane locations where you can go for lessons, and locations on the Northside of Brisbane and the Southside of Brisbane where you can go for trail rides and longer experiences. We’ve broken them in locations: Horse riding Brisbane south, horse riding Brisbane north and if you scroll all the way to the bottom, you’ll find horse riding on the Gold Coast too!
- Top spots to try horse riding in Brisbane
- Horse riding on Brisbane’s Northside
- Horse Riding on Brisbane’s Southside
- Dalson Park Indoor Equestrian Centre
- Heritage Riding
- Cherbon Waters Equestrian Centre
- Crowson Park Riding for the Disabled (RDA – Riding Develops Abilities) – Greenbank
- Riverside Equestrian Centre
- Horses in Mind Inc.
- Sherwood Little Rides – temporarily closed
- Ethereal Equestrian
- Indarra Equestrian – no longer in operation
- Horse riding near Brisbane
- Taking your Brisbane kid horse riding?
Horse riding on Brisbane’s Northside
Check out these northside of Brisbane locations to take your kids horse riding!
Taylord Equestrian is a small but friendly riding school. They are part of a close-knit community and they want you to have the best experiences while learning to ride. Individual programs ensure your education starts at the beginning and it goes as far as you want it to.
- Phone: 0435 269 997
- Address: 129 Meldale Road, Meldale
- Website: Taylord Equestrian.
Slickers Horse Riding
Located at Kurwongbah, just 50 minutes from Brisbane, Slickers Horse Riding offers 3, 500 acres of land to explore from horseback. With experiences from pony parties, lessons and horse leasing right up to trail rides and weekend trips, Slickers can accommodate adults, too.
- Phone: 07 3285 1444
- Address: 116 Dunlop Lane, Kurwongbah
- Website: Slickers Horse Riding.
Wattle Creek Riding School
This is an outdoor centre surrounded by unexpected bushland so close to the city in The Gap, Wattle Creek Riding School offers lessons for young and old, and a popular school holiday program. Private lessons here are quite popular!
- Phone: 07 3300 6422
- Address: 28 Kays Road, The Gap
- Website: Wattle Creek Riding School.
Gypsie Lodge Equestrian Centre
Gypsie Lodge in Kobble Creek (near Mt Samson) offers group and private riding lessons with qualified instructors. They also offer agistment, holiday camps and horse and rider development.
- Phone: 07 3289 9393
- Address: 198 Kobble Creek Road, Kobble Creek.
- Website: Gypsies Lodge Equestrian Centre.
Trevena Glen Farm
You can find Trevena Glen Farm at Mount Samson. They are passionate about helping your children get into the saddle with a holistic approach to lessons.
- Phone: 07 3289 4257
- Address: 1100 Winn Road, Mount Samson
- Website: Trevena Glen Farm
Bribie Island Road Saddle Club
A friendly club conveniently located at 392 Bribie Island Road, Caboolture, Queensland. We offer riding lessons for all ages and abilities as well as agistment at great prices. They offer ‘Pony Parties’ and horse riding lessons! Click here for more information. School holiday programs are available.
- Phone: 0410 886 504
- Address: 392 Bribie Island Road, Caboolture
- Website: Bribie Island Road Saddle Club.
Brumby’s Run Riding School
This sweet spot is located in Dayboro, north of Brisbane. Talented riders and instructors will work your children through their paces to help them become confident riders. A lot of Brumby’s Run horses feature at the Ekka as well!
- Phone: 0421 480 573
- Address: 4521 Mount Pleasant Road, Dayboro
- Website: Brumby’s Run Riding School.
Horse Riding on Brisbane’s Southside
Dalson Park Indoor Equestrian Centre
At Dalson Park Indoor Equestrian Centre, you can keep up with your lessons, whatever the weather. Conveniently located in Slacks Creek, Dalson Park provides group or private lessons, as well as agistment for your horse, and support when you’re ready to buy.
- Phone: 0448 034 514
- Address: 63 Nujooloo Road, Slacks Creek
- Website: Dalson Park Indoor Equestrian Centre
Boasting indoor and outdoor arenas, Heritage Riding in Thornlands caters to the first-timer horse rider, who’s never been near a horse, right through to elite competition level riders who have ridden forever. They also provide thorough school holiday camps.
- Phone: 07 3206 3951
- Address: 59 Boundary Road, Thornlands
- Website: Heritage Riding.
Cherbon Waters Equestrian Centre
Nestled on the banks of the Tingalpa Reservoir, Cherbon Waters offers group lessons as well as private lessons to children and adults. They also offer weekly trail rides, suited to beginners who want to learn-by-doing.
- Phone: 0417 704 671
- Address: 121 Cherbon Street, Burbank
- Website: Cherbon Waters Equestrian Centre.
Crowson Park Riding for the Disabled (RDA – Riding Develops Abilities) – Greenbank
Straight from the horse’s mouth! This wonderful place works for riders in assisting them to reach physical milestones of improved strength and balance, mobility, postural correction and flexibility. Each program is tailored to suit he individual child. It’s a great centre and one that Brisbane is lucky to have.
- Phone: 07 3200 1055
- Address: 129 Crowson Lane, Greenbank
- Website: Crowson Park Riding for the Disabled.
Riverside Equestrian Centre
With a focus on dressage, Riverside Equestrian Centre also provides basic lessons to all ages with a focus on horsemanship, teaching children to care for the animals and prepare for riding.
- Phone: 0478 646 354
- Address: 3666 Moggill Road, Moggill
- Website: Riverside Equestrian Centre
Horses in Mind Inc.
Travel to Hemmant to discover Horses in Mind Inc! They’re a not-for-profit service that offers riders of any ability the chance to learn about horsemanship.
- Phone: 0413 314 428
- Address: 105 Ragnor Road, Hemmant
- Website: Horses in Mind Inc.
Sherwood Little Rides – temporarily closed
At Sherwood Little Rides their horses and ponies are their pets. They offer rides, lessons and parties in a large paddock in the leafy Brisbane suburb of Sherwood, around 10km from the Brisbane CBD. You can meet their friendly goats too!
- Phone: 0402 726 318
- Address: 24 Strickland Terrace, Sherwood.
From beginner lessons and school holiday camps to competing and advanced eventing, Ethereal Equestrian offers a full range of services in their outdoor and undercover arenas.
- Phone: 0434 570 330
- Address: 1538 Mt Cotton Road, Burbank
- Website: Ethereal Equestrian
Indarra Equestrian – no longer in operation
Horse riding near Brisbane
Not in Brisbane? Check out the choices for horse riding for kids near Brisbane.
Tamborine Mountain Trail Rides
Located in the beautiful Tamborine Mountains, on a 300 acre farm, Tamborine Mountain Trail Rides has ponies available for parties as well as trail rides from a half hour through to whole day trips, and they offer lessons too.
- Phone: 07 5545 7963
- Address: Cedar Creek Falls Road, Tamborine
- Website: Tamborine Mountain Trail Rides
Kiah Park is located Beenaam Valley, north of Noosa. They offer riding camps each school holidays. Children can get back to nature for a week.
- Phone: 07 5486 6166
- Address: 578 Beenham Valley Road, Beenam Valley
- Website: Kiah Park.
Gummies Farm and Horse Riding Resort
Located in Biddaddaba in the Gold Coast Hinterland, Gummies offers farm stays at their beautiful 140-acre horse farm. Horse riding is their main activity, where you can do a trail ride through their amazing property.
- Phone: 07 5543 0191
- Address: 400 Biddaddaba Creek Road, Biddaddaba
- Website: Gummies Farm and Horse Riding Resort
Nag Nanny and Equine Resolutions
Located at Canungra, Nag Nanny has lots to offer – individual and group lessons, kids pony parties, horse sleep out camps, school holiday programs and trail riding.
- Phone: 0429 091 004
- Address: 198 Little Flying Fox Road, Ferny Glen
- Website: Nag Nanny and Equine Resolutions.
Taking your Brisbane kid horse riding?
Horse riding Brisbane style will mean heat, sun and bugs. Don’t forget the sunscreen and be aware that the first time on a horse’s back can be a little daunting. What looks like fun in a kid’s movie can be frightening at first.
Talk to them about safety, respect for animals and listening to the instructor. If you do take your kids horse riding Brisbane, let us know how it went – we’re always keen to hear all about Brisbane experiences.
Keen to go horse riding on the Gold Coast? Here are our top tips!