Hastings Point Tweed Coast Holiday Park – Your Next Beachside Family Getaway
Danielle and her family stayed as guests of Tweed Coast Holiday Parks to experience what was on offer and report back to YOU. Read about the other Tweed Coast Holiday Parks here.
If you’ve been wondering where to take the family for a no-fuss, family friendly beachside staycation, then look no further. Hastings Point is a cozy beach and creek-side locale which you’ll find on the Tweed Coast Road scenic drive.
Right there at Hastings Point central, you will find the Hastings Point Holiday Park – literally surrounded by the pristine blue waters of Cudgera Creek, which meanders its way to the ocean. All right at your doorstep!
Hastings Point Tweed Coast Holiday Park is PERFECT for families
Being a family of 6 (with two babies on board) we opted to stay in the shangri-la of glamping tents – A Bombara Surfari Tent, which boasts a super comfy queen-size bed and two double-bunks.
Other creature comforts included:
- Large front deck with dining table overlooking both the creek AND ocean!
- An ensuite bathroom with open slatted floorboards, which made after swim sandy brush-downs a breeze.
- A self-contained kitchen with microwave, kettle, toaster and a fridge big enough to sustain our family’s needs (read: husband’s beer).
- A large living area with a comfy four-seater lounge and a heater if nights get chilly.
- Plenty of space for a portacot.
- Wifi and a television with a DVD player.
- And my favourite feature, a clothes-drying rack! (I know, pretty exciting!)
The point is we were hardly roughing it! If the Bombara Tent sounds too spacey for your needs, there are also smaller Surfari Tents (with one double-bunk), as well as powered/unpowered sites if you are bringing your caravan or tent. And yes, you will still get the views!
Other perks at the Hastings Point Tweed Coast Holiday Park
- An awesome amenities block, super clean with modern sinks, power outlets, large mirrors and heaps of toilets/showers.
- The laundry not only includes washers, dryers, irons and ironing boards, but also a temperature controlled BABY BATH!
- A security fence, which runs around most of the property, protecting littlies from doing the dash to open water/traffic.
- Camp kitchen with water-view barbeques, sink, tables and seating.
- Creek-side picnic tables and chairs.
- A private jetty, which accesses the creek – perfect for fishing and kayak access.
The low-down on Hastings Point
First of all, EVERYTHING is within walking distance. Directly across the road from the Holiday Park is Cudgera Creek Park, complete with play equipment, barbeques, picnic tables and benches under the shade of some of the best climbing-trees your kids ever did see.
And then there’s that creek! What our family loves about Cudgera Creek (apart from it’s dazzling blues) is that it is so family friendly. Even at high tide, the water is still shallow in many places, meaning YOU can relax too. When you’ve had enough of swimming you might want to try out the Caldera Kayak Experience, exploring the mangroves upstream and making friends with the local pelicans. This was a big hit with our crew!
Hastings Point also has its very own General Store where you can pick up essentials and beach supplies to keep you occupied while on your sea-change holiday. They also make a pretty wicked burger, a mighty fine grilled fish, have a great view of the creek/beach, and yes, friends – they are LICENSED.
Hot tip: Pack a picnic, grab a beverage and take a walk up to the Hastings Point Headland. It’s a beautiful spot and a really popular place to spot whales and dolphins – especially around sunset. At the time of our stay they were using the location to film the Hollywood blockbuster ‘Aquaman’ – there’s a reason that Hollywood keeps coming back to this place!
Treat yourself! Grab a bite at ‘Caba’
Just five minutes drive north is the beautiful Cabarita Beach where you will find a supermarket, restaurants, bars and cafés, cafés, cafés!
Café Mod Barista is the pic of the bunch. A funky, English themed café with plenty of talking points – old-fashioned trikes and bikes, even a darlek and tardis for the ‘Whovian’ at heart. With plenty of room for a pram, we grabbed a table and sampled some of their breakfast specialties. Bloody Mary Mushrooms – where have you been all my life!?! Kid sized pancakes were also all the rave, and while the boys sipped at their babycinos, Hubby and I enjoyed a coffee and chatted with the super-friendly staff.
After a long day at the beach you are going to want to swing by Get the Scoop, Cabarita’s ‘artisan’ gelato bar. I just about lost myself in the selection of flavours there – I mean, the kids did. While those gelato’s were being devoured, I enjoyed possibly the quietest minute of our whole holiday, and made plans to come back, solo, for a Chia Cup or Acai Bowl in the morning, and perhaps the organic iced tea and slice of cake in the afternoon…
But I digress. All in all, we loved our time at the Hastings Point Holiday Park. It’s first class facilities combined with the old-school charm of Hastings Point itself means that you will spend plenty of much-needed quality time with your family, while winding down.
11 Tweed Coast Road
Hastings Point NSW 2489
Phone: (02) 6676 1049
Fax: (02) 6676 3012
Free Call: 1800 234 121
Email: [email protected]
Read about the other Tweed Coast Holiday Parks here.