Roma’s Easter in the Country | A Celebration You Won’t Want To Miss!
Easter in the Country! Roma has the perfect festival to help you celebrate one of the most beautiful times of the year in one of the most beautiful spots in Queensland. Will you be one of the lucky ones to attend this year?
Roma’s Easter in the Country
Recognised as one of Queensland’s premier Easter events, the festival offers a range of activities for the thrill-seeker, the cultural and culinary buff, those who like to take things a little more leisurely, and to top it off – 2022 will see Roma showcase some of the best country music on the planet featuring a concert extravaganza with Casey Barnes and Christie Lamb!
Where is Roma?
Roma is approximately six hours drive west of Brisbane. If you’re travelling for the festival we would definitely recommend booking ahead into any number of excellent hotels and Air BnB’s in the area. Be quick though – they’ll fill up fast!
What’s on at Roma’s Easter in the Country?
Prepare yourself for five days of fun events from Thursday 14 to Monday 18 April 2022. Please note – some of these events are ticketed and will need to be paid for. See the full program here.
Our Pick of this year’s Easter in the Country Events
The Big Rig Roma 2022
The Big Rig tells of all the twists and drama of when oil and gas first flowed in our nation. You can also ignite your interest in sabotage, drama and intrigue through the eyes of a ‘Roma Rigger’ guide, with a glass of Outback port at the Sunset Night Show. Please note: If raining, show will be cancelled.
- Venue: The Big Rig, 2 Riggers Rd, Roma
- Time: 9am – 6pm daily
- Cost: Adults $20-$35 (depending on time) | Concession/Student $15-$27 (depending on time) | Children (12 yrs & under) $15-$27 (depending on time) Children under 5 yrs free. Bookings essential.
Outback Tucker Under the Stars 2022
Everyone is invited to the Opening Dinner, for Roma’s Easter in the Country in 2022 at the newly upgraded Saleyards and featuring Celebrity Chef Matt Golinski assisted by Glen Barratt and Tim Schafer.
BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! From the paddock to plate “MARANOA BEEF” will be the highlight of the dinner. A vegetarian option will also be offered. Licensed bar, live entertainment and EFTPOS available on the evening. Bookings required.
- Venue: Roma Saleyards, Warrego Highway, Roma
- Time: Thurs 14 April – 5pm for a 5:30pm start
- Cost: Adults $80 (13 years and above) | Children $20 (12 yrs and under)
Monster Easter Egg Hunt 2022
Join in the fun of egg and spoon races, sack races and three legged races. The Easter Bunny will make an appearance promising loads of photo opportunities. The Easter Egg Hunt will run in age groups again giving every child a chance to get a couple of eggs. Sharing is strongly encouraged during this activity. Bluey will make an appearance, plus face painting and other kid friendly fun.
- Venue: Big Rig Parklands, Riggers Rd, Roma
- Cost: Free
- Time: Friday 15 April – From 2:30pm to 5pm
Xtreme Bulls Australia 2022
Xtreme Bulls are pleased to be heading back to Roma’s Easter in the Country weekend for another stop of the Xtreme Bulls Australia Tour. This will be Roma’s fourth Xtreme Bulls event and one not to miss out on. Featuring Australia’s elite Bull Riders taking on the Gill Bros Rodeo Company’s Xtreme Bulls. Be sure to catch the action at this event and the big screen replays. The event is a classic, so sit back and relax at the alcohol free family night.
- Venue: Bassett Park – Roma Showgrounds Northern Road, Roma
- Time: Friday 15 April – 5:30pm to 10pm
- Cost: Adults (12 years and over) $20 each | Children (11 years and Under) Free – no tickets required
Street Parade 2022
The 2022 theme is Easter in the Outdoors! With floats in different shapes, and sizes, this parade is a must see in Roma’s Easter in the Country Festival. The parade will commence at Spencer Street and move through Charles and Gregory Streets.
- Venue: CBD, McDowall St, Roma
- Time: Sat 16 April – 9am to 1oam
- Cost: Free
Country Markets 2022
Showcasing a fantastic array of arts, crafts, wares, food and drinks at the Country Markets in Arthur and Wyndham Streets. You’re sure to find something to take home. Heaps of market stalls to wander through with bargains to be found.
- Venue: McDowall Street, Roma
- Time: Sat 16 April & Sun 17 April – 7am to 2pm
- Cost: Free entry
Family Fun Sunday 2022
There are so many different activities crammed into this event! The day starts with a bush poets breakfast, followed by the Senex ColourXplosion 5km family fun run, billy cart action, wife carrying challenge, and goat races.
- Venue: Bassett Park – Showgrounds Northern Road Roma
- Time: Sun 17 April – 7.30am to 1pm
- Cost: Free entry to the event although you will have to pay to participate in the The Senex ColourXplosion.
XXXX Pro-Rodeo 2022
The XXXX Pro Rodeo will be top quality Rodeo action. A professional rodeo with some of the best cowboys and cowgirls in the business.
- Venue: Bassett Park, entry via McPhie Street, Roma
- Time: 9:00am to 8.30pm
- Cost: Adults: $30 each | Children: $25 (12-17 years) | Children (Under 12 years) FREE | Family Ticket – 2 Adults and 2 Children (12-17 years) $110
Country Music Concert Extravaganza 2022
The talent at this year’s Sunday concert at Roma’s Easter in the Country is impressive to say the least. Join Casey Barns and Christie Lamb Concert in what will be a country music extravaganza!
- Venue: Bassett Park, Northern Road, Roma
- Time: Sun 17 April – 8.30pm till late
- Cost: Adult: $60 | Child: $40.00 (12-17 years) | Children (Under 12 years) FREE | Family Ticket – 2 Adults & 2 Children (12-17 years) $200. Rodeo + Concert packages also available.
More Family Fun on at Roma’s Easter in the Country
- Camel rides
- Helicopter flights
- Miniature train rides
- Roma Bush Gardens Tour
- Big Rig Oil Patch Tour
- Roma International Speedway
- St Paul’s Anglican Church Windows
- Up the Creek Garage Museum
- Mud Buggies
- Maranoa Performance Poetry & Song
- Ironbark Raceway Drag Racing
- Deadly Way Cultural Show
How much are tickets to Roma’s Easter in the Country?
You can find all the information about tickets to Easter in the Country at this link. Tickets are already well and truly on sale so don’t miss out!