Roma’s Easter in the Country! A Family-Friendly Celebration You Won’t Want To Miss!
Easter in the Country! Roma has the perfect festival to help you celebrate one of the most beautiful times of year in one of the most beautiful spots in Queensland. Will you be one of the lucky ones to attend this year?
Roma’s Easter in the Country
Easter in the Country is a festival that is entering its’ 43rd year. It’s one of South-West Queensland’s premier Easter events and is a jam-packed multiple-day celebration of everything great about the country lifestyle. The festival will run from the 9th to the 13th April 2020.
There is a wide range of activities that will appeal to a huge variety of tastes and interests. There are rides and activities for thrill-seekers, cultural attractions for the arty crowd and plenty of low-key pursuits for those who enjoy a slower pace.
Roma’s Easter in the Country is an exciting time of year that allows the residents of the area to showcase just what it is that makes this perfect little part of the world (Roma and the Maranoa) so special.
Where is Roma?
Roma is approximately six hours drive west of Brisbane. If you’re travelling for the festival we would definitely recommend booking ahead into any number of excellent hotels and Air BnB’s in the area. Be quick though – they’ll fill up fast!
If camping’s your thing then you’re in like – you can camp and caravan at the festival!
What’s on at Roma’s Easter in the Country?
There are five days of fun events to attend from April 9th to April 13th. Please note – some of these events are ticketed and will need to be paid for.
- April 8th (night events only) opening night, wine and cheese tastings and an art exhibition.
- April 9th: Saleyard tour, big rig oil patch, art show, up the creek garage, miniature train rides, tucker under the stars
- April 10th: Roma bush gardens walk, Good Friday service, bush nursery, big rig oil patch, quilt and craft show, garden tour, up the creek garage and museum, performance poetry and songs, miniature train rides, Roma history lodge, Big Rig Parklands (children’s activities), Xtreme Bulls, fish and chip van, night show
- April 11th: country markets, ponies and animals, special brekkie with celebrity chefs, country gardens, big rig oil patch, quilt and craft show, up the creek garage, garden tour, street parade, church window tour, live music, drag racing, Easter races, miniature train rides, mud derby, history lodge, performance poetry and songs, big rig night show
- April 12th: bush poets breakfast, country market, 5K colour run, country markets, drag racing, big rig oil patch, Easter Sunday service, quilt and craft show, up the creek garage, garden tour, billy cart races, miniature train rides, wife carrying races, goat races, rodeo, Roma history lodge, big rig night show, country music extravangza
- April 13th: bush nursery, big rig oil patch, garden tour, art show, up the creek garage, miniature train rides
Our 5 Picks of this year’s Easter in the Country Roma
Theatre, colour, and fun is the trademark of the Easter in the Country Ergon Energy Street Parade with its procession of wacky and wonderful floats, quirky street characters and street festival full of entertainment. This year’s floats are bound to delight old and young alike. Make sure you bring your own chair to get the best seat in the house!
Outback Tucker Under the Stars
Everyone is invited to the Opening Dinner for Roma’s Easter in the Country in 2019. Enjoy the local produce and a relaxed atmosphere as you prepare for the biggest Easter weekend of your life! Mat Golinski will be the Celebrity Chef for the evening. Book EARLY to avoid disappointment.
Extreme Bulls and Easter Rodeo
Saddle up and prepare for our family friendly Bull Ride and Easter Rodeo at Bassett Park. The competition is one of the biggest in the country with great prizes up for grabs. So sit back and relax at the alcohol-free family night. Tickets will be available at the gate.
Grab a coffee and browse through the fantastic array of arts, crafts, wares, food, drinks and more at the Country Markets in Arthur Street and Wyndham Streets. You are sure to find something to take home. There are upward of 120 market stalls to wander through and there is will be bargains to be found. The markets provide an opportunity to mix and mingle in a relaxed fun environment.
Face painting is only the START of the major children’s activities primed for the 2020 season. Join the flock on the 10th of April and see what’s in store for your family!
How much are tickets to Roma’s Easter in the Country?
You can find all the information about tickets to Easter in the Country at this link.
Tickets are already well and truly on sale so don’t miss out!
Get in quick and make sure you don’t miss out on this wholesome, healthy and fabulously fun family-friendly event!