ANZAC Day Services Gold Coast and Surrounds 2021
ANZAC Day Services Gold Coast, Tweed Shire and Byron Shire 2021
ANZAC Day is an opportunity to remember and revere all those who have served for our freedom from World War I through to current conflicts. ANZAC Day Services Gold Coast provide an opportunity to involve us all – from veterans and service personnel to families and children in this day of remembrance.
“They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old;
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.”
You will find some useful information on explaining the meaning of ANZAC Day to children HERE.
For more information visit the City of Gold Coast website.
ANZAC Day commemoration services near you
ANZAC Day services and marches are held all over the Gold Coast and its surrounds to mark the anniversary of the first major military action fought by Australian and New Zealand forces during the First World War. Anzac Day has been continuously commemorated since 1916. The renowned Currumbin RSL Dawn Service, together with local dawn vigils, memorial services and veterans reunions have been a feature of the commemoration of Anzac Day by local families since its earliest days.
However, if you can’t make it to Elephant Rock, you’ll find a service or march closer to home below.
Note: 2021 ANZAC Day Services Gold Coast events are currently being confirmed by RSL QLD. Keep checking back in on this post as we will be updating it weekly.
Gold Coast ANZAC Services & Marches 2021
- ANZAC Day Parade & Dawn Service | 4:15am-5am, Memorial Park, Cnr Connor ST and Gold Coast Highway, Burleigh Heads
- ANZAC Day March | 9am-10am, James Street, Burleigh Heads
- ANZAC Day Main Service | 9:30am-11am, Memorial Park, Cnr Connor ST and Gold Coast Highway, Burleigh Heads
- ANZAC Day March & Main Service | 10:50am-12pm, Leaving from Gold Coast Council Community Centre to Upper Coomera Community Centre, Cnr Abraham and Reserve Roads, Upper Coomera
Currumbin ANZAC Day Services Gold Coast
In 2021, due to COVID-19 restrictions the Currumbin Dawn service will be relocated to the Currumbin RSL cenotaph, with the Burial at Sea to proceed as normal down at Elephant Rock with the help of Currumbin Beach Vikings Surf Club. Due to capacity, Currumbin RSL Sub Branch members and Veterans will have priority to attend the dawn service and mid-morning service at Currumbin RSL. For the general public, Currumbin RSL will be either broadcasting or live streaming the Dawn Service for your viewing. Register your intention to attend here.
ANZAC Day Dawn Service
- 3am – Ceremonial area is open for arrivals.
- 4am – March assembly
- 4.40am – Parade commences
- 5am – Dawn Service commences at Currumbin RSL cenotaph.
Gun Fire Breakfast | Following the dawn service. FREE for veterans.
- 10.35am – March assembly
- 10.55am – Parade commences
- Cenotaph service will follow.
ANZAC Day Dawn Service | 5:20am- 6am, Remembrance Park, 20 Discovery Drive, Helensvale
ANZAC Day Dawn Service | 5am, Armistice Memorial, entrance of Sanctuary Cove
Mudgeeraba ANZAC Day Services Gold Coast
- ANZAC Day Dawn Service | 5:45am-6:45am, Elsie Laver Park, Mudgeeraba (next to Mudgeeraba Police Station), Mudgeeraba
- Gunfire Breakfast | 7am-8am, Mudgeeraba Memorial Hall, 62, Railway Street, Mudgeeraba
- ANZAC Day Sunset March | 3pm-3:45pm. Form up Swan Lane, Mudgeeraba march to Elsie Laver Park
- Sausage Sizzle | 4:45pm-6pm, Mudgeeraba RSL Sub Branch under the Memorial Hall, 62 Railway Street, Mudgeeraba
- ANZAC Day March | 4:15am, leaving from White Street
- ANZAC Day Dawn Service | 4:45am, Nerang RSL & Memorial Club, 69 Nerang Street
- March | 9:45am, leaving from Nerang Street
- ANZAC Day Service | 10am, Nerang RSL & Memorial Club, 69 Nerang Street
ANZAC Day Service | 8:30am, Pimpama Uniting Church, Creek Street
- ANZAC Day Dawn Service | 5am, ANZAC Place Cenotaph, Lae Drive
- March | 9:30am, leaving from Super Sports Centre Runaway Bay to ANZAC Place Cenotaph
- ANZAC Day Main Service | 10am, ANZAC Place Cenotaph, Lae Drive
Robina ANZAC Day Services Gold Coast
Featuring the incredible veterans and service personnel from Navy, Army & Airforce, the Robina Anzac Day March also includes a pipe band, light horse regiment, members from Mudgeeraba Robina RSL, local schools, community groups and organisations.
The March will commence from 8am at Arbour Lane, Robina Town Centre, across from Target and it will finish at the car park next to the Robina Auditorium. The Service will commence at 9am and due to capacity restrictions, you will need to book tickets. The service will also be live streamed. Light refreshments will be available following the service at Robina Community Centre.
- Time: 8:30am-11am
- Address: Robina Auditorium, Robina Town Centre
- Book your tickets here.
- Dawn Service | 5am-5:30am, Anzac Place Cenotaph, Lae Drive, Runaway Bay
- ANZAC Day March | 9:30am-10am, Super Sports Centre, Runaway Bay to Anzac Place Cenotaph, Runaway Bay
- Main Service | 10am-11:15am, Anzac Place Cenotaph, Lae Drive, Runaway Bay
Southport ANZAC Day Services Gold Coast
- 4:15am – Dawn Service | Form up Short St/ Marine PDE Southport.
- 4:30am – Dawn Service March | To ANZAC Park Via Gold Coast Highway (Veterans Only).
- 5am – Dawn Service | ANZAC Park Broadwater Parklands Southport.
- 7:30am- Citizens Service | Form up Short ST / Marine PDE Southport.
- 8:30am- Citizens Service March | To ANZAC Park Via Gold Coast HWY (Veterans Only).
- 9am – Citizens Service | ANZAC Park, Broadwater Parklands Southport.
ANZAC Day March | Anyone wishing to march is to meet out the front of Subway, 9 Beach Road, Surfers Paradise from 4:45am. You will then march to the ANZAC Memorial, The Esplanade, Surfers Paradise.
- Time: 5am-6am
- Address: 9 Beach Road, Surfers Paradise
Dawn Service | 6am-6:30am, ANZAC Memorial, The Esplanade, Surfers Paradise
Gunfire Breakfast | The organisers ask that you click ‘Going’ on the Facebook event so they can get an idea of numbers for catering.
- Time: 7am-9am
- Address: Diggers and Sports Club, Level 2, 9 Beach Road, Surfers Paradise
- Cost: $5 per head (Veterans who show their RSL QLD Membership card will be free).
Main Service | The commemorative service will include the time-honoured laying of wreaths, the sounding of the Last Post and the observance of a minute’s silence.
- Time: 12pm-1pm
- Address: The Cenotaph, Cavill Park, Cavill Avenue, Surfers Paradise
Tamborine Mountain ANZAC Day Services Gold Coast
- Dawn Service | 5am-5:30am, Cenotaph, Main Street, North Tamborine
- ANZAC Day March | 10am-10:30am, Zamia Theatre, Main Street, North Tamborine
- Main Service | 11am-11:45am, Zamia Theatre, Main Street, North Tamborine
Tweed Heads & Coolangatta
ANZAC Day Main Service | 11am-12pm, Queen Elizabeth II Park, Marine Parade, Coolangatta
Looking for ANZAC Day Services in Byron Shire?
• You will find a list of ANZAC Day commemoration services on the Byron Bay RSL website.
Is the dawn service suitable for children?
While it may be overwhelming to think about taking the whole tribe to a dawn service, it is possible with a little forethought and preparation. Many pre-schoolers are up early anyway, and the novelty of getting up and dressed while it’s still dark will excite most kids, which will hopefully give you a good start. Make sure you’re organised the night before and have everyone’s clothes ready to throw on. If you think the usual sit-down breakfast might be pushing your luck, have on-the-run food, like bananas, ready to go.
Make sure you’ve explained the meaning of ANZAC Day ahead of the actual day and also explain what will happen at the dawn service. Tell your children that it’s a time for quiet voices and at times, no voices at all. Explain that during the quiet times, they can think about all the things they love to do – play at the park, read books, do puzzles etc. Explain to them they can do those things because of the soldiers that went to war to fight for our way of life and the things we love to do. Being silent is a good way to thank those soldiers in your mind.