Should I take my family camping at Broken Head?
Has your family gone camping at Broken Head yet? Put it on your list for your next family adventure!
What are the benefits of taking my family camping?
Maybe you’ve long been a camper or are only just getting started. Did you know the advantages that a camping holiday can give your children? Camping helps kids to…
- Build resilience
- Improve communication skills
- Build the attributes of patience, tolerance and respect
- Enjoy nature
- Enjoy bonding
You don’t have to go far to have an excellent camping adventure, particularly when we live in such a beautiful part of the world!
Camping and caravanning at Broken Head
A mere two hours’ drive from Brisbane city, just south of Byron Bay, lies beautiful Broken Head. The gorgeous national park right next to the coast offers spectacular scenery looking north to Byron and south to Ballina. This hush-hush family camping secret (which I guess we’ve spoiled now!) is perfect for a laid-back, no stress, low-key family camping holiday.
If you’re staying in Broken Head you’ll also have access to a great range of activities. There are a number of bush walks run in the National Park, surf schools, staff are always running games and sports at the camping grounds and you’ll have ready access to all the great food and culture Byron Bay has to offer.
Here’s the low down…
Broken Head Holiday Park
Broken Head Holiday Park offers a variety of accommodation options for the pros down to the noobs. You can stay in beach side cabins, beach houses, beach shacks, powered sites or unpowered sites. Rates are reasonable but will be quickly filled the closer we get to school holiday season.
TripAdvisor guests at Broken Head Holiday Park had the following hints and tips for new visitors:
- The site is a great size
- Walk around the headlands in the early morning to make the most of the spectacular views
- There is a little shopping centre close by that has a small supermarket, chemist, bakery and Post Office but for anything bigger you’d have to go to Byron Bay
- Washing is $4 a cycle
- It can get busy in school holidays as it’s not a HUGE site
- Great access to the beach and lots of local attractions
- Staff and park managers are friendly and easily accessed
- Lifeguards on duty at the beach during school holidays
- The park is well cared for
- Quieter and cheaper than staying in Byron Bay
For more info on Broken Head Holiday Park you can visit them online or phone (02) 6685 3245.