Southport Library has a large range of facilities including;
- Community meeting room available for hire.
- An after-hours chute,
- Self-service loan facilities,
- Disabled parking, disabled toilets, lift, wheelchair accessible drinking fountain, Café/kiosk,
- PCs with internet access and Microsoft Office,
- Email kiosk,
- Local studies library,
- Wide selection of fiction and non-fiction books for adults, young people and children.
- Children’s section with books, CDs, DVDs, graphic novels and games,
- Books and magazines in community languages,
- Language tapes,
- CDs and DVDs,
- Adult literacy resources.
Activities for children at Southport Library
Southport Library is very family friendly with free activities to suit all age groups. Bookings are essential.
Regular events include:
- Baby rhyme time for babies to 2 years
- Story time for 3-5 year olds
- Multicultural homework club for school aged children
- Chess club
- Scratch Animation (coding) for 6-12 year olds
There are also one-off events scheduled through the year such as Lego club, craft activities and building your own robot throughout the year,
For more information and bookings please click here.
Opening Times & Access
Address: Corner Garden and Lawson Streets
Southport QLD 4215
- Closed on public holidays
Monday: 9am – 6pm
- Tuesday: 9am – 6pm
- Wednesday: 9am – 6pm
- Thursday: 9am – 8pm
- Friday: 9am – 6pm
- Saturday: 9am – 4pm
- Sunday: Noon – 4pm
For more details, please see the Southport Library webpage here.