Number of Students: 800
Why Choose Glenala State High School?
For Brisbane Schools Open Day – Click Here
Glenala State High School presents well maintained grounds and well equipped classrooms to all students and staff. The school caters for a mix of students derived from a variety of cultural backgrounds. Opportunities lie in academics, cultural studies and sports, offered in a modern and dynamic high school, with high expectations asked of students and staff alike.
Glenala State High School achieved success in 2015, with one hundred percent of Year 12 students receiving a Queensland Certificate of Education, and 92% of tertiary bound graduates on OP between 1-14. All students received QTAC offers and NAPLAN results were positive. As a result of the school’s recent success, many parents rated Glenala State High School as ‘Outstanding’ for all areas assessed in the 2014 School Opinion Survey.
Glenala State High School’s motto is ‘Believe and achieve and four values – ‘Respect and responsibility, commitment to learning, pride and perseverance’. Glenala State High School’s values are very important in the way the school community is conducted. Students are guided and taught to follow positive behaviour, and as a result, high expectations are required of student behaviour, efforts and academic advancement.
Relationships between parents and caregivers and the school are encouraged, which in turn supports and enriches successful outcomes for students.
Additional activities offered:
Unique goals and interests are met for each student at Glenala State High School, with a range of opportunities offered under a holistic approach to education. The school’s diverse curriculum means students can pursue their chosen career and become highly employable in the future when they choose to finish their education pathway.
Additional programs and activities include:
- Academic competitions (science, maths, IT and writing)
- Senior leadership (such as the Year 11 Minter Ellison Aspirations Mentor Program)
- Gifted and talented program
- University visits
- University subjects offered from Year 10 Academic Assemblies
- ‘7 Habits of Successful Teens’ Program for Year 9 students
- RISE Reading and Mentoring Program for Year 8 students
- School associated work experience and industry placement
- Interschool sports competitions
- Leadership days at UQ, QUT, Griffith University and USQ
- Excursions and school camps
- Multicultural Day and Harmony Day
- Glenala’s Got Talent contest
- LEAD (Learn, Education, Aspire, Dream) Project for Pacifica Students
- Sports Development Program
- Debating Team
- Instrumental Music Program
- Laptop Program & Computer Labs
- Homework Club
- Traineeships & Apprenticeships
For Brisbane Schools Open Days – Click Here
If you are looking for private high schools that are near Glenala State High School, check out:
State high schools nearby:
If you are looking for state high schools that are near Glenala State High School, check out: